1994 Thunderbird LX LOST KEYS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 06:55   #1 (permalink)

1994 Thunderbird LX LOST KEYS

As you can tell by the title I've lost all the keys for my car with no replacements at the time. When I bought the car used 2 years ago it came with 3 keys. One for the doors, one for the ignition and another for the trunk. My guess is that someone was messing around with all this because there is 3 diff keys for the car which seems unusual. Well I've gotten into the car by a locksmith and he said he can make the trunk and door key but he said there is no way to make the ignition key for me... my guess is that my ignition is either super warn or has been messed with because before when I drove the car I could take out the key without the ignition being turned all the way off and then start the car without the key after that. But when the ignition is all the way off and it makes the clicking noise then I cannot move the ignition at all... The key I used before to start the car looks exactly like blank OEM keys I see on ebay. Is there a chance the ignition key was just a blank OEM key and it was good enough to get the car out of the lock position and after that the ignition was so worn it just turned without the proper key? To be more accurate here is a picture of the exact key I had. This is EXACTLY how my key looked. No ridges or anything at all. Just the flat parts on the left and right and the one ridge in the middle.

http://cdn.highwire.com/3221619.jpg

Any help would be fantastic and I wanna know if ordering a blank key would maybe fix the issue since it seems like I've been using a blank key this entire time.
d34nr3b3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 08:22   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 1994 Thunderbird LX LOST KEYS

Maybe the steering wheel is turned a little putting pressure on the pin for the steering lock. Try putting pressure on the steering wheel in one diretion and try turning the key, If that doesn't work, try the other direction.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:06   #3 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 1994 Thunderbird LX LOST KEYS

Well, if what you are telling is is in fact 100 percent accurate.... it could be one of several things, but if your key was indeed an uncut key..... DON"T order one, just go to anyplace that copies keys and buy the blank for two or three bucks and see if it works
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum