1995 t-bird my moms - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 23:16   #1 (permalink)

1995 t-bird my moms

ok so to start with this is my moms baby!!!! but the engine check light is no its shooting cone saying both bank one and two are lean no matter how much it riches it out and no power or not like it used to have, like in wont shift into second or go past 4000 even if u put it in first it is an auto. but Ive noticed that if the oil pressure is on the n of normal it has all the power but if its under it wont go pasted 4000 with it 3/4 pushed or floored. ive been told that it sounds like an electronic bug in the system if u have any ideas please help!?!?!?!? oh btw 1995 t-bird V8 LX auto power everything if that would help any????
oh and also sometimes in the morning it will start right up but then it idles rough for a few seconds and normally me or my mom just give it gas so it wont die. idk if it would die if we didnt give it gas tho??? hmmmm
shorty2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 06:10   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1995 t-bird my moms

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty2tall View Post
ok so to start with this is my moms baby!!!! but the engine check light is no its shooting cone saying both bank one and two are lean no matter how much it riches it out and no power or not like it used to have, like in wont shift into second or go past 4000 even if u put it in first it is an auto. but Ive noticed that if the oil pressure is on the n of normal it has all the power but if its under it wont go pasted 4000 with it 3/4 pushed or floored. ive been told that it sounds like an electronic bug in the system if u have any ideas please help!?!?!?!? oh btw 1995 t-bird V8 LX auto power everything if that would help any????
oh and also sometimes in the morning it will start right up but then it idles rough for a few seconds and normally me or my mom just give it gas so it wont die. idk if it would die if we didnt give it gas tho??? hmmmm
ok so i remembered that we took it to a place in town we were told EGR we changed that and the people after they changed it said that it was the cats we took it some where else cause cats are expensive, and they did a back pressure test and said it was fine. so they tested more and they told us a tune up and coil packs and a O2 sensor so we did all that it helped for awhile then went right back to shit. but we've done a bunch of tune ups and that helps a little then it goes back to shit!!!!!
SO PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:44   #3 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

The 95s had OBD2. Take it to Autozone and have them pull codes. They don't charge for that.
Old 08-06-2010, 17:47   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtg143 View Post
The 95s had OBD2. Take it to Autozone and have them pull codes. They don't charge for that.
ive had them pulled before in my auto class in hight school the code idk what the numbers were but when look bank one and two were lean. im guessing it wouldve been p1131 p1137 and we used the modis or whatever from snap on brand new and my teacher helped me but we never resolved the problem cuz we were both busy with other stuff.
Old 08-06-2010, 20:35   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Try cleaning the MAF with MAF cleaner.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:58   #6 (permalink)

ok thank u i wont be able to do it till Monday but thank u! so u really think that might be all thats been wrong with for a couple years and no just thought to clean it? or even trying to make alot more money and tell us we needed a new MAF?
thank u ill let you know if that fixes it.
how much do u u think a new used one would be from the junk yard?
Old 08-07-2010, 07:33   #7 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

If cleaning it fixes it, you don'e need another one. You can unplug it and run it to see if it runs better. If it does that's the problem. They run better but won't have the performance and mileage that the MAF helps. It may not be the MAF either but they have caused problems like that.
Old 08-07-2010, 20:52   #8 (permalink)

ok im sure i can find it but ill ask so i know for sure so where is it?
and if it isnt the MAF what could i look at next?
Old 08-07-2010, 21:20   #9 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

It's in the inlet hose from the aircleaner to the throttle body.
Old 08-10-2010, 00:53   #10 (permalink)

ok thank u so i cleaned it today and so far it seems to be running alot better but now i just have to clean the codes and figure out the oil pressure issues? any ideas? new pump needed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum