94 V-8 throttle position sensor problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-07, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7
Question 94 V-8 throttle position sensor problem

I am not getting any codes but I put a OBD II tester on my car and it said that my TPS was at 17.6% with engine off and Idle and only goes to 90.5% full throttle with engine off. A new TPS is $32.00. I put the OBD II tester on my other cars{All Chevys} and their TPS go from 0.00% to 100%.



I tried to volt test it but I could not get it to work. Would I be able to get my money back if I got an new one but it only went from 17.6 to 90.5

Queman90 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-07, 03:58 PM
LondonGeezer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 9
Re: 94 V-8 throttle position sensor problem

Hi mate, you wouldn't be able to get your money back I don't think.

Have you had the ecu tested? I know I must sound like a broken record but I work for a specialist company and these problems I'm reading on this forum are very common to us on a daily basis.

Just a thought.

Goodluck.
LondonGeezer is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-07, 07:32 PM
Registered User
 
tbird100636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 34
Posts: 1,835
Question Re: 94 V-8 throttle position sensor problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queman90
I am not getting any codes but I put a OBD II tester on my car and it said that my TPS was at 17.6% with engine off and Idle and only goes to 90.5% full throttle with engine off. A new TPS is $32.00. I put the OBD II tester on my other cars{All Chevys} and their TPS go from 0.00% to 100%.



I tried to volt test it but I could not get it to work. Would I be able to get my money back if I got an new one but it only went from 17.6 to 90.5
Are you having some sort of drivability problem or is this something you just noticed playing around with the scanner???

Master ASE Certified L1 Chrysler Technician- still a Ford fan at heart.
1964 Thunderbird Hardtop- Chantily Beige- 390 FE 4V V8-Uncle's Car
1966 Thunderbird Convertible- Red- 390 FE 4V V8- Uncle's other car- waiting for paint and body work!!!
tbird100636 is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-07, 11:46 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 31
Posts: 11
Re: 94 V-8 throttle position sensor problem

I thought OBD II started at 96, not 94
DQassassin04 is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-07, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7
Re: 94 V-8 throttle position sensor problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird100636
Are you having some sort of drivability problem or is this something you just noticed playing around with the scanner???
Its something I noticed playing around with the scanner.
And OBD II started in 94 just like the air bags
Queman90 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-07, 05:37 PM
Registered User
 
tbird100636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 34
Posts: 1,835
Exclamation Re: 94 V-8 throttle position sensor problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queman90
Its something I noticed playing around with the scanner.
And OBD II started in 94 just like the air bags
In some instances the TPS will read as partially open. The throttle blade is slightly open even though the IAC controls the idle. When you put on a TPS you have to twist it a little to align the bolt holes. If you have no problems just ignore it.

Master ASE Certified L1 Chrysler Technician- still a Ford fan at heart.
1964 Thunderbird Hardtop- Chantily Beige- 390 FE 4V V8-Uncle's Car
1966 Thunderbird Convertible- Red- 390 FE 4V V8- Uncle's other car- waiting for paint and body work!!!
tbird100636 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome