95 Bird down! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 18:48   #1 (permalink)

95 Bird down!

Hi yall. (yeah im from Tennessee). I just found this site and I'm very excited to find other T-Bird owners. OK, I bought my 1995 4.6 back in 1999 from my uncle who bought it new. It was my first car and I can't part with it because I love it. The odometer read 224,129 when the motor blew. I've done everything cosmetic to the car that I could do such as: paint, body kit, tinted window, wheels and tires, refinished interior, flowmasters, etc... As you can see I dropped some coin into my baby and when the motor went, i seen an opportunity to do an upgrade. That being said... Does anybody know what kind of motor would be an EASY replacement? Maybe a later model cobra or something? I now have 2 young children so I can't afford to drop the money i used to. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Derek1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 19:22   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 95 Bird down!

What happened to it? That's pretty low mileage for that engine. You can search here for a replacement but it would be tha same as you have now. Someone else may have an idea but there's a lot more than just the engine when you change from what you have. Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Old 12-17-2010, 10:09   #3 (permalink)

I realize that it would be more than just a simple motor swap. I might be able to find a wrecked mustang or ford lightning etc... with motor and tranny. I was just wondering if a cobra or 4.6 mustang motor would fit without having to modify alot of stuff. I guess what I'm saying is it would be easier for me to find a wrecked mustang than it is for me to find a 4.6 thunderbird motor. Thanks for the link
Derek1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:22   #4 (permalink)

Hey Derek1215. Could you post your 1995 4.6? Want to see it. I want to observe some parts of it..
intropiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum

Related Reading: 95 Bird down!