95 ford thunderbird cooling fan issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 16:50   #1 (permalink)

95 ford thunderbird cooling fan issues

95 ford thunderbird
3.8l v6 stock, automatic

alrite heres the issue fan will not turn on at all causing to overheat, checked all fuses and whatnot. Ran a multimeter to fan plug in and no juice running to it. I jump power to it from the battery itself and the fan will work just fine.
Replaced thermostat, temp sensors (forgot exact name) but theres 2 of em one up by the thermostat and one near the distributor cap and still nada. Is there something Im not aware of before I start tracing wires for a few hours.
any ideas / suggestions would be awesome. First ford ive owned and would like it to be a nice experience

theres power running to the temp sensor by the thermostat but the temp sensor by intake on the other side of the engine has no juice running to it. Traced the wires and found no obvious damage....any ideas of wtf is going on with this
guyonsomecouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2010, 17:00   #2 (permalink)

confused Re: 95 ford thunderbird cooling fan issues

oh ya im thinking bout by passing the temp sensor and having it so I can just run a switch to the fan and turn it on and off manually but everywhere I try to draw juice from seems to want to melt my wires anywhere I attach it. any ideas where I can draw the needed juice without it trying to weld my wires to the frame
guyonsomecouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 17:56   #3 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 95 ford thunderbird cooling fan issues

Here's the wiring diagram for the fan.

Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum