95 Thunderbird V8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 04:53   #1 (permalink)

95 Thunderbird V8

I have a chance to get this bird for $500. So far the only issues that I see is that it needs new brake lines and there is cancer in the lower B-Pliiers to the point that I poke through the pass side pulling myself out from under the car. Rust is maybe 3" by 6" so should be fixable. The frame has some rust be for all that I could see is solid.

My question is, is there any special issues that I should look for on this car? the inside and 90% of the body is perfect and it has been in the garage for the past 4 years with it being started and moved every so often.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car2.jpg (85.6 KB, 33 views)
sgilbert14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 15:35   #2 (permalink)
"Xero In"

Re: 95 Thunderbird V8

Well, a T-Bird is a for-sure built tough car. I bought mine with a brake line issue and had nothing else. The 94' model I dont think has any special kinks to look out for. Just make sure it shifts good and everything under the hood is in good condition. $500 is a steal if it is in good condition.

Disrespect the T-Bird and get owned by its raw POWER!!!
Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 16:08   #3 (permalink)

That car wholesales for $150.00 with no rust and in fair condition. If the "B" pillars are shot and there is rust on the frame you have no idea of what you cannot see. In prime
condition with no rust and very low mileage it retailes for $2350.00 in 2008. No one will
ever pay that for that car and no 95 tbird will come that close to being in that good
condition. That figure is a joke. It's a tax thing. I just bought the same car in a Super Coupe Saturday for $300.00. $500.00 seems to be the going price for everything now.
Look the car over VERY CLOSELY. If that car has the 4.6 and i think it has the intake
manifolds are junk. Do what you think is best. Good luck.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 16:41   #4 (permalink)
Master Mechanic

I just bought a 95 for 650. It has a few problems as it needs an EGR and o2 sensor.
ThunderPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 18:35   #5 (permalink)

Thanks to everyone for the advice. This weekend I hope to jack the car up and really check it over. For what I see so far the frame looks ok and the body really is not that bad. Still, like you said take the tiem and make sure. I hope to do that this weekend. Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2009, 19:07   #6 (permalink)
Master Mechanic

No problem man. I went through a lot with mine thus far and I've only owned her about 2 weeks. So far I have done 3/4 of the proper tune up and I have a lot left to go.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:32   #7 (permalink)

I will do the same things if this, and I hope that it does, works out to be a good deal. I love the Birds and have always wanted this one so...... Good things is that close to here is a college and BOCES that all teache auto mechanics, body work etc.. So, when it comes time for the body work I hope to have it done there and all they charge for is the materials. Bad side is that it may take time to get your car back, but they all do good work. Good luck with your project.
Old 08-26-2009, 14:40   #8 (permalink)
Master Mechanic

I need all the luck I can get lmao. I am waiting til I can afford parts so I can go ahead and take the entire upper intake off and clean the carbon off of it. Then I'm gonna remove the exhaust from the manifold down and knock all the carbon out of them. Fun fun...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum