Ford Forums banner

96 T-bird keyless entry

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  scottbaer 
#1 ·
Posted this question back in December, but no response, I thought I'd try again cause I really could use some advice. I recently purchased a 96 Thunderbird from the second owner. He did not have a keyless entry remote and did not know if the car originally came with one. I've located the the grey connector under the drivers side dash, jumped the connectors, turned on key but did not get a response. Is the connector an indicator the car is wired for keyless entry. I also have a 94 t-bird that does. would it be possible to add the components from the 94 to the 96 to add keyless. It is certainly a feature I would like to have again. By the way my 94 had over 300,000 miles on it before the tranny finally gave in! Thanks in advance.
Steve:wank2:

#2 ·
There's quite a difference in the wiring. It could be done with a LOT of wiring splices. Why not just get an aftermarket system and install it. I have one in my Crown Vic made by Micro alarm and my wife had one in her car for 7 years. We haven't had any probems with them either.

#3 ·
I have a 1995 Tbird with keyless entry. I have the remote door locks. Mine have failed to work recently. I cannot lock the doors via the door switch, the keyless entry keypad or use of the remote control. The INT PLS 10A fuse keeps blowing. I cannot find where they hide the wireless reciever that controls the door locks.

Anybody know where the wireless door lock control receiver is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.