Blower Motor Problems? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 19:05   #1 (permalink)

confused Blower Motor Problems?

I have a 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8, the problems with the blower motor for the heater will only run on the first speed and sometimes on the second speed when I try the third speed it will quit..Then the blower will not work at all until the car is turned off and started again. Now I did check the fuse in the fuse box and under the hood they are fine.. I even changed the fuse (30 AMP) and it still is acting up.. Now I did have the blower motor changed about 5 months ago.. Could this be the heater relay that controls the speed of the fan? If so where would the fan relay be located?
FredHarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2009, 19:27   #2 (permalink)
10 yr FLM Tech

Re: Blower Motor Problems?

It is most likely the blower motor resistor based on your description. It is mounted on the heater case near the blower motor. I cannot remember its' exact location. Check under the dash on the right side first then in the same area on the firewall in the engine bay.
Old 07-13-2009, 19:40   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixitnowlt View Post
It is most likely the blower motor resistor based on your description. It is mounted on the heater case near the blower motor. I cannot remember its' exact location. Check under the dash on the right side first then in the same area on the firewall in the engine bay.
I guess you can order this and replace it? Thanks for the info I will look tomorrow!
FredHarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 20:21   #4 (permalink)
10 yr FLM Tech

This may help:

MOTORCRAFT® FULL LINE CATALOG OF PARTS FOR FORD, LINCOLN OR MERCURY VEHICLES

Search the Category of Small Electric Motors and the Group Heater Valves, Heater Cores & Blowers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blower_resistor.jpg (37.7 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum