Ford Forums banner

a/c problem

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  randynester 
#1 ·
got a problem with the a/c compressor keep in mind im in no means a mechanic so if my question sounds dumb....when the a/c switch is on. the compressor does not turn, i can easily turn it by hand so i don't think its froze up. cant check the wires too good cause im sure as you know its in a spot not to easily to see. fuse is fine also any help ? it is fully charged.

#2 ·
randynester said:
got a problem with the a/c compressor keep in mind im in no means a mechanic so if my question sounds dumb....when the a/c switch is on. the compressor does not turn, i can easily turn it by hand so i don't think its froze up. cant check the wires too good cause im sure as you know its in a spot not to easily to see. fuse is fine also any help ? it is fully charged.
When A/C units do not work it's generally out of Gas, Get this checked as well they will check out your TX (Thermal Expansion) valve.
A sure way to see if its low in Gas is disconnect the TX valve and connect these two wires together (with another wire)and if the compressor works, it's low in gas.
The TX valve is located in line of the A/C pipes that come through the firewall of your car, giver this a try. :hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.