Check Eng. light. OBD2 ERROR-P1407 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2004, 08:22   #1 (permalink)

Question Check Eng. light. OBD2 ERROR-P1407

Hi all. Im new to this forum. I have a 94 T-bird V-8 engine that was running smoothly. Until other day. The check eng light came on. I hooked up my OBD2 reader and it gave me a code-p1407 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation No flow Dectected). I cleared the code. 5 days later it returned.
Can someone help me understand this code? Do I have a vacum leak or do I need to replace a Os sensor???
Tks.
Asylum V-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2004, 08:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: Check Eng. light. OBD2 ERROR-P1407

Tks for your help, I'll try it.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:42   #3 (permalink)
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum V-8
Tks for your help, I'll try it.
Er... expecting a reply within 1 minute were we? LOL - Most ppl on here are in Oz. where it's about 1:00AM when you posted.

Anyway, I dunno much about EGR systems, but I'll try and point you in the right direction. I'm not familiar with your car, but I think with most EGR setups, the EGR pipe runs to a valve on the throttle body (or between throttle body and manifold) - this valve controls the exhaust gas recirculation, so that's probably where the problem is - the valve may be faulty or need cleaning etc. Also it could be fault with the EGR hose/pipe running to it or the wiring to the valve (I'm assuming it's an electronic valve) - also it could be just a stuffed sensor giving you this error.

I'm sure someone else here'll be able to help further (if you can wait a few more minutes..... or hours :s5 ), but at least that might get you started looking in the right places.

Steve.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 18:58   #4 (permalink)

LOL, thought it would sent an automatic reply.
Anyway, thanks forr your help Steve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum