excessive back pressure - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 13:28   #1 (permalink)

excessive back pressure

i have a 1995 ford thunderbird 4.6l.the problem im having is i cant achieve no throttle response,rpm only goes to about 2500 and then it will stall.i had a p0402 code but im also having the vac line blowing off the recirculation tube.i have replaced the egr valve which was stuck open.i replaced the dpfe sensor cause i broke it and replaced the egr solenoid..theres no restrictions in the recirc tube .the car idles great and checked the temperature at both cats and there really isnt any temp difference between them.im considering pulling the intake off but would like to get some feedback as to whether anybody has had this problem before or if theres any key areas i can look at..thanx for any information that is given and its greatly appreciated...
champ5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 19:59   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: excessive back pressure

Check all seals for your vacuum, the PCV valve on my truck seemed like it was tight, but apparently not tight enough. That was after I replaced any vacuum line the looked like it might think about leaking and finding the plugs on the vacuum manifold had dry rotted and were replaced. If you have a gauge, you might want to confirm what you have for a vacuum to help confirm this.
CatSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 16:02   #3 (permalink)

Re: excessive back pressure

thank you i did find the problem tho.the guy that had it before me decided to gut the cats and never cleaned out the pipe so the new resonator he installed got blocked up.car runs great now but i took it to emissions today and passed everything except the idle hc ppm was a tad high....257 reading and standard is suppose to be 220.im gonna give a full tuneup and hopefully it will drop it a bit...any ideas from anyone on dropping the idle hc ppm
champ5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum