which fuse is for trunk - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 02:45   #1 (permalink)

which fuse is for trunk

hi I just bought a 1987 thunderbird and the guy i bought it from didn't have the trunk key and the button inside the glove box isn't working i can't seem to find which fuse works it can someone please tell me where the fuse is located thanks
fender03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 20:29   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: which fuse is for trunk

Just check all the fuses and replace any that are blown. They can all be checked in a minute or two with a $5.00 test light. If all are found to be good then most likely a problem with the trunk release. Can you hear the trunk release click, like it is trying to release?
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:54   #3 (permalink)

hi thanks for the response no the trunk does not click so i will just check all fuses thanks again
fender03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 21:36   #4 (permalink)

I can tell you a wonderfull trick to getting the trunk open, I locked my keys in the trunk of my 89 sc lol, what you do is open the glove box, push in on the sides of the glove box door until it drops down out of the way, unplug the wire from the curtousy bulb/light, and unplug the wires from the back of the yellow trunk unlock switch, take a wire and stick it in the power connector from the curtousy light, and toch the other end of the wire to the connector that was on the back of the yellow switch tap on both sides of the connector, the trunk should click and unlatch, In summary, just get positve power to the outbound wire behind the yellow switch, the curtousy lamp socket provides perfect power, this is a 5-10 minute job, and if you want it would be hard to make a switch to do the same thing on a more permanent bases!
Hope this helps you out!
Mustangkr500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 21:38   #5 (permalink)

.... typo, it "wouldnt be hard" to make a permanent switch lol
Mustangkr500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum