I put my car on a dyno. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 15:44   #1 (permalink)
Performance...all the way

I put my car on a dyno.

Just to let you all know, Yesterday i finally got my friend to put my car on a dyno at his dads shop. The max hp kept flashing between 259 and 260. And 217 tq.

For some reason i thought my tq would be higher than the hp. Any ideas on how to get more tq? Dont get me wrong tho, i am very pleased with the results. Thats the same area results as the factory V8 birds. Now im starting to worry about having to much hp on the original AOD trans. (hence the "manual trans" thread)
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2009, 17:55   #2 (permalink)

Re: I put my car on a dyno.

What all have you done to it ? 3.8 N/A V6 right ?
boostedbird38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:18   #3 (permalink)

That is all controled by cam timing. If you want more torque you pull your motor apart
and change the cam but remember you CAN'T have both. Increase the torque you loose
upper end H.P. Increase the upper H.P. you loose torque. You can do all this with a table top dyno with the proper software. Bring LOTS of money and have all your measurements and research. In your case your cam timing is retarded. The cams in those engines are adjustable but you had better know what your doing. You don't just
move the sprocket.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 23:07   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedbird38 View Post
What all have you done to it ? 3.8 N/A V6 right ?
Iv replaced everything under the hood with really, really expensive performance parts. (even if they didnt need to be replaced) And my electric turbo on a WOT switch. Replaced exhaust pipes with new ones. And nothing to the rear-end......yet.
Old 11-07-2009, 13:04   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaker_king View Post
Iv replaced everything under the hood with really, really expensive performance parts. (even if they didnt need to be replaced) And my electric turbo on a WOT switch. Replaced exhaust pipes with new ones. And nothing to the rear-end......yet.
so what were the really expensive performance parts ?
Old 11-07-2009, 20:17   #6 (permalink)

everything....sensors, replacment parts(valves, lifters, throttle body, ect.)

The only thing thats not performance is the MAF(to expensive right now) and TPS, they dont make a performance TPS.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:03   #7 (permalink)

So you ported the heads and put bigger valves in ?

I'm sorry but I gotta raise the BS flag. I'm very doubtful u made 260 rwhp from your n/a v6. From the factory the car makes about 110 rwhp. So ur telling me you made 150 rwhp from some coil pack and a leaf blower slapped to your intake ?

I can beleive your tq numbers but don't beleive your hp numbers.
Old 11-08-2009, 19:06   #8 (permalink)

Well your intitled to your own opinion, arnt you. You obviosly have no clue what parts im talking about. That so called "leaf blower" adds 27hp as shown on the sheet from the test. And its 140hp at 3800rpm and 215tq at 2400rpm from the factory. When i spend $1600 on parts, i make shore i know what the benefits are.
Old 11-08-2009, 19:28   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Speaker King, I was reading through some of your old post.

If you were running 0 - 60 in 4 secs then, what does it do now with your electric turbo?

Is it easier to smoke a 5.0 Mustang now?

1989 thunderbird sc questions
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 21:32   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaker_king View Post
Well your intitled to your own opinion, arnt you. You obviosly have no clue what parts im talking about. That so called "leaf blower" adds 27hp as shown on the sheet from the test. And its 140hp at 3800rpm and 215tq at 2400rpm from the factory. When i spend $1600 on parts, i make shore i know what the benefits are.
i didn't say 110 hp at the motor, I said 110 at the wheels. Learn the difference. That 140 hp is measured at the motor.

And do u really believe some made up dyno sheet from an eBay company selling $50 leaf blowers ? If it's that's cheap to make 27 hp I wonder y everyone doesn't just go out an buy one. Y don't V8 owners get one for that extra power boost ?

I asked u what u had done to the car and all u said was "performance sensors". Which I'm sure got you 100 hp right there.

If u don't mind, please list everything you did performance-wise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum