MAF sensor delema - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 20:24   #1 (permalink)

MAF sensor delema

Hi there I'm new here, but I have a problem with my 1995 t-bird and could really use some help.

1995 t-bird 4.6 w/ 56,000 miles.
was running a little weird. when pulling out into traffic, or hard accelleration, even in park, full throttle, the engine would rev up to 2700rpm, then stay there and go no higher untill i let off the throttle a bit. normal driving is ok, but full throttle was terrible. I replaced the Throttle Pos. sensor, with no change. then i changed the Mass air sensor, and the car wont run at all. But, and heres the kicker, when I unplug the MAS the car runs GREAT!! like it was new, and very fast. everything would be fine like this, but i was wondering why it works this way, and how can i get it running like it should be with all the equipment properly connected. oh, btw just for kicks, after i installed the new MAS i disconnected the battery, so the computer would reset its operating peramaters and function fine with the new sensor, but that didn't work either. help!!!
srf312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 16:40   #2 (permalink)
"Xero In"

Re: MAF sensor delema

Well that is quite a dillema. I was looking at this PDF file, http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h34.pdf , and it states that a car can run poorly or stall if the plugs are blocked on the MAF or from what I think it could be a bad sensor they installed. If it runs great without it then that is good for now but the MAF is a important sensor, at least to me. So maybe read this PDF file and se what people say.
Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum