My '95 Thunder Bird - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 20:06   #1 (permalink)

My '95 Thunder Bird

http://s168.photobucket.com/user/for...65772369175473

Here are a few pics. Let me know what you think.
Stud Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2014, 20:46   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: My '95 Thunder Bird

Looks great. Must have been well taken care of.
Old 02-01-2014, 22:40   #3 (permalink)

Arrow Re: My '95 Thunder Bird

A car salesman originally bought the car in '95. But I heard he was a large man, and getting in/out of it killed his back. He drove it supposedly 2k miles.

The second owner drove it 26,238 miles, got to old to drive so his son bought it.

The son bought it, kept it in a heated/airconditioned garage, covered up. He drove it once a month for the next 14 years, and decided that he didn't want it anymore, that he had too many "toys". He put 263 miles on it in 14 years. He even gave me the cover!! When I picked it up, it had 28,501 miles on it !! (It presently has 30,5XX).

I was looking for a Mustang, and for some reason this was on a site with Mustangs. The ad said "rare color, extremley low miles".

I drove to see it, and there was no doubt that I was going to buy it. The owner said that the a/c was out of freon, which turned out to be a low pressure switch, I believe it was, and the right front turn signal was intermittent. Both were fixed within 2 days.

I had the oil/filter changed, new belt put on it, and a new MotorCraft battery installed.

I changed the antifreeze, used a baster to remove the brake fluid in the master cylinder, pulled out the power steering fluid, and replaced, and put a new set of tires on it. (It had Good for a Year Aqua Treads on it).

I had the windows tinted, remote start/lock system, strip across the top of the windshield, and a newer stereo installed, along with speakers. (Did NOT cut the dash, and the original stereo can be re-installed, and it works!!)

I've polished it about 6 times, since I've had it.

I can't even clean the engine up, as it does NOT need it.

EVERYTHING on the car works, and works effortlessly. (It should, it's not even broke in yet).

The trip home with it when we bought it, it got 27 m.p.g. ( I put a bottle of HEET in it, as well a bottle of Sea Foam, as I was unsure how long the gas had been in it). BUT, I was babying it, because the tires were 14 years old, I didn't have a regular tag, nor even a temp tag, and I don't seem to get along with cops too good.

Right now, it averages 20-21m.p.g.

It seems to get alot of attention. I really like driving the car. It's "my baby".
Old 02-02-2014, 08:43   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I can see why you like it do much. Thanks for the update on it's history. Very interesting and a good find.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:08   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: My '95 Thunder Bird

Thanx.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:07   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

Nice car with a great service history ,
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 19:44   #7 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Sharp car, you got lucky in finding that one.
Old 02-04-2014, 19:52   #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: My '95 Thunder Bird

^ Yes I did. I had spent about 6 months looking at Mustangs. But they all had 3 times the # of miles this car has, wasn't a "unique color", was alot cheaper than a Mustang, I wasn't like all the Mustangers (everyone has a Mustang looks to me like), and was ALOT cheaper than a wore out Mustang.

Here's a funny thing though. I found it on autotrader, looking for a Mustang !!!! (In the Mustang section).

The ad said: "Rare color, and extremely low miles". (I figured 100,000 miles), the car had 28,501 on it when I drove it the first time !!!!!!! I pulled the itty bitty picture up, and had my wife come and look at it, because I couldn't believe what I had seen/found!!!!

To me, it was a WIN, WIN situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum