Ford Forums banner

new to the late model birds ......

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  speaker_king 
#1 ·
so forgive my ignorance . but i have a few questions . first the car is a 95 lx with a 4.6 and auto tranny . these cars and mustangs were built on the same platform were they not ? looking for parts and listings for bird parts is slim pickings by parts i mean speed parts , the car runs . 2 does some one cars to explain the differences in the different engine codes ? i know we have 2 valve and four valve but whats the diffs beside that . { i own and my daily driver is a flathead powered 53 so im not real quick on the newer stuff } . can ecu's , ignitions etc. be swapped from one to the other , i.e. from vic to stang to bird ? any links dealing specifically with these engines ?? anything ya wanna tell me say it i'm wide open to it . this is the first time i have seriously thought of modifying a newer car other than bolt on's .

#3 ·
thanx. i was under the impression the mustangs and birds were based on the same platforms and was figuring the engine parts etc. would be fairly interchangable .heres a couple of pics of the 200 dollar bird . needs a water pump and i think a mass air flow sensor but is running . could use tires too on the rear as i've rediscovered the joy of a good burnout !!!! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Tenth generation ford thunderbird

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Coupé

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.