Pioneer CD Player Malfunction (1994 TB) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 03:22   #1 (permalink)

Pioneer CD Player Malfunction (1994 TB)

Hi,

I have a 1994 TB with a malfunctioning cd player (skipping, fast-forwarding when not wanted, won't change tracks, nothing works except volume). It started to become difficult to change tracks months ago but the rest of the player worked well.

A few days ago the tach stopped responding and the light behind the speedometer and other gauges to the left side of the instrument panel stopped lighting up.

I found an 'Acc' fuse on the fuse panel but don't know if it is related to these problems or what this fuse runs.

I tried a cd cleaner disk but it cleans on track 3 and the player won't change to track 3. I think this is more than a cleaning problem anyway but don't know where to start looking. I could not locate a reset button on the fold-down fascia or front of the deck.

Are these problems linked somehow? I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,
Lisa
buggles001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 18:19   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: Pioneer CD Player Malfunction (1994 TB)

I think you've got 2 different issues going on. It sounds like your stereo is looking for retirement, and your tach issue sounds like it might be a loos connection. I couldn't find a schematic for the 94, but in the 97, the tach is fed from the engine wiring harness. You need to check the wiring under the dash and see if there's any discoloration or any connections loosening.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:26   #3 (permalink)

Thank you, I appreciate the input. I have noticed when the player is skipping tracks and fast-forwarding, if I open the fascia, it plays normally for awhile. Is this player fixable? it was a good unit until all of this started.

Thank you,
Lisa
buggles001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:21   #4 (permalink)

everything is fixable if you know how. Your unit has to come out and taken apart.
The laser lens has to be cleaned and aligned. It has to be hooked up on the bench for
testing. Don't EVER look into the lens if it is turned on and lit up. If you don't think you are able to do this it might be in your best interest thinking about buying a new unit.
I've fixed many but you have to be a cross between a watch maker and a brain surgeon.
Good luck.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum