PLEASE DOA 1995 thunderbird How to pull codes from 1995 thunderbird - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 18:07   #1 (permalink)

PLEASE DOA 1995 thunderbird How to pull codes from 1995 thunderbird

I have searched the site and found lots of lonks to lists of the code numbers and what they mean but not one spot of where /how to ground the data link connector to get the F**%&&##**@ codes to flash out on the check engine light!!!!!!!!

I found the directions on how to do the connector that is the same as on my 1992 f150 ( has the seperate wire to ground to the bottom left terminal)
WTF is there a FAQ on here somewhere for this stuff???????

Shouldnt this car have the obd 1 that I can pull the codes on?

Sorry to be so pi**ed off but the car left me stranded will start and only run at high rpm and then die out . checked fuel pressure it is good 40 psi at run35 psi running.

I think it may be egr but cannot pull the codes for a clue!
Help

thanks Matt
Camuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2009, 18:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: PLEASE DOA 1995 thunderbird How to pull codes from 1995 thunderbird

first you need to calm down.your stressing me out. the 95 V8 T-Birds have OBDII.What size is the engine?i think you should check the idle air control valve.if u have a 4.6L V8 then you can get the codes checked @ AutoZone.The OBDII port on the passenger side.
thundercougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 18:57   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

If I'm not mistaken, ODB II started in 1996
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 18:59   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwko View Post
If I'm not mistaken, ODB II started in 1996
My Mistake, ODB II first appeared in 94 on Cougars & Thunderbirds.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 19:00   #5 (permalink)

OBDII were standard on all vehicles 1996 and up.OBDII was put on certain cars ahead of the mandated year.such as....

Ford: 1994-95 Mustang 3.8L, 1995 Ranger, 1994-95 Thunderbird 4.6L, 1995 Windstar
Lincoln: 1995 Continental 4.6L, 1995 Town Car 4.6L, 1994-95 Cougar 4.6L, 1995 Grand Marquis 4.6L

To find out if a 1994 or 1995 vehicle is OBD II compliant, check the following: The Vehicle Emissions Control Information (VECI) Label. This label is located under the hood or by the radiator of most vehicles. If the vehicle is OBD II compliant, the label will state OBD II Certified on the upper right-hand side of this label. Government Regulations require that all OBD II compliant vehicles must have a common sixteen-pin Data Link Connector (DLC). NOTE: Some 1994 and 1995 vehicles have 16-pin connectors but are not OBD II compliant, only the ones where the Vehicle Emissions Control Label states that, they are OBD II Certified.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:20   #6 (permalink)

Thank you very much. Sorry for my ranting. I am out of work and needed to get this car runningTo get over to gulfport for an early flight for some temp work tomorrow. Have that covered now.

Anyway car is 4.6 and must be obdii hence the weird connector. I also thought obdii came only on 96 up. Cannot drive it to parts store for scan so I will pull the idle cv and clean. Any way to test off the car?
Something else strange when I pull the fuel pump fuse the car will idle pretty good for 30 sec or so after fuel pressure is zero.
Idle Problem is intermittent.

Thanks again for putting up with me ,
Camuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:28   #7 (permalink)

I hate to be mister negative but you are all wrong.

I have a 95 Thunderbird and i have a computer that reads almost every car code known to man including OBDI and II and all the non-standardized ones that existed before that and the 95 thunderbird with the 4.6 has none of them. If you look at the list of cars that code readers wont read it is usually listed. I don't know what system it uses but I don't have anything that will read the codes. Autozone won't read prior to 96, tried it. I had to find a mechanic that would do it for free and use their super expensive code reader to get them and tell me what the deal was. I would just do that. It sucks, my check engine light has been on forever. good luck.
Scrubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 17:53   #8 (permalink)

i find that hard to believe, since i have had a thunderbird checked that was a 95 with OBDII.so have others.if you had a mechanic read it,why is your CEL still on?also if you have a reader that reads almost every car then why is your car not read-able.its a 95 not a 1945.so i dont really know what your saying.also if a mechanic had to read your codes with his super expensive reader,why would he do it for free?makes no sense.lets say you dont have a OBDII.you would have a OBDI.they were put on vehicles in 1984 to 1995.

<input type="submit" /> Actron Ford, Lincoln & Mercury (1984 - 1995) OBD-I ScanTool Diagnostic Analyzer with Scan Cartridge/Cable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum