Running problems with 95 Bird 4.6L... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2004, 20:28   #1 (permalink)

biggrin Running problems with 95 Bird 4.6L...

My brothers Bird blew its heater core this summer. Since it was hot out we just bypassed it. Now that its getting cold he put in a new one today. Which i might add was interesting to say the least. Anyways....

We got it all back together and whatnot. Now i'm not sure if this is going to be related to having the whole interior of the car tore part or not. But we got it put back together everything worked. Ran great for about 15 min. Then it started missing. Its only missing on the right side you can tell from the dual exhaust that the right is running really rich. The car will start right up but its just running poorly. I was thinking maybe a ground got unhooked and it might be causing it. But we never unhooked any grounds. Chased wires and whatnot and made sure they were all there and intact. Checked under the hood where we were working at and nothing looks disturbed to say the least. Thats why i'm not sure if this problem is related to replacing the heatcore or not.

I'm thinking maybe the coilpack is going bad on that side. The bonehead doesn't have a book for it so i'm wondering if there's a way to check the coilpack to see if its failing or not. Or any other hints or tips on what we can check. I'd like to get this thing running tonight cause i sure as hell do not want him driving my VW to work tomorrow. 1 this car will walk his bird all over hell and back and 2... he's been in 3 accidents and if he wrecks my car he knows i'll kill him :D
85vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum