Ford Forums banner

spark plug wires

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  birdmedic 
#1 ·
hey all,
I have tried to pull the # 4 plug on my 3.8 lx, and well to say the least it would not budge. I cant get the wires off the plugs. I want to pull them check and replace them. How hard should the wires be to get off. I mean good day, these things are on the plug like pork in pork fried rice. should i go to the plyers. dont want to kill wires if they test good with my ohms tester. I would also like to know what type of plugs guys with the birds are using. :beerbottl

#2 ·
Hi, sometimes you just can't remove the plug wires without breaking them; If that's the case, you should be prepared to replace them anyway. Try a little twisting on the boot and only use a plug wire puller pliers, metal pliers will cut through the insulation and you will still need to replace them.

#4 ·
Hi, what plugs did it come with from the factory? Basically, copper core plugs are good for 30,000 miles. Single tip platinum are good for 60,000 miles. And double tip platinums are good for 100,000 miles. I would go for the double platinum plugs myself.

#5 ·
I got the car with 55000 ml. Ive only had her for 2000 mls about 5 months. I went and got motorcraft. Its no a performance car like my charger. Its a dailydriver. I love this bird. 17 years olx and still runs strong. She still has a rough idle.and thats with new plugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.