Ford Forums banner

1971 Cougar XR7

7K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Rustyfords 
G
#1 ·
Hey all
I have this 71 Cougar XR7 and I want to restore it. it's not in bad shape at all but i don't like the factory ginger color so am going to paint it but what i need to know is where and what parts can I get for the engine I want it fast@! it has a 351C 2V in it what can I do with it!

G
#3 ·
it is the Orgianl Engine that came with the car and I am the 3rd Owner and the second owner didn't every drive it it sat for 3 years before I got it! and the Orgianl owner took good care of it I found papers where he had the oil changed every 30K miles and all the fulids changes and other work done to it!

Wish I had A 1969 Charger!!!!! My Dream Car!!!

#4 ·
Still, it's a 30+ year old engine. If it were me, I'd have the engine overhauled, new manifold put on, one for a 4 barrel carb of course, hi po cam, and headers. For parts, you can go to JCWhitney.com, summitracing.com. There maybe places around where you live that sell hi performance parts.

#5 ·
As Stacy said, get a new intake manifold, for 4 bbl carb, about 600 - 650cfm, , cam, headers, dual exhaust, and thats about it, unless you can get 4V heads, then put them on and all the rest of the stuff. Sould be good for about 350+ HP.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.