94 merc cougar can u HELP me - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mercury Cougar Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Mercury Cougar Forum Forum for discussion of the Mercury Cougar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2005, 14:46   #1 (permalink)

mad 94 merc cougar can u HELP me

This is My First Post lol... i have a 94 merc cougar v6 thats weak ...i was told i could put in a 5.0L motor.... im just tryin to find out wuts the biggest badest motor out there i can put in there and be able to run turbos with it... / and nos .... that and also manul tranny and rear end .. fuel pump u know the whole n9ne yards....im just tierd of the rice burner sence ... just want to pull up on the little punks... and they hear that v8 and turbos windin up i dont want them even thinkin about tryin to race me .. u know wut im saying ...lol anyone can help me and give me a few idea's and wut 2 look into that would be great ... get er done bounce to the ounce
MeatWad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2007, 17:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: 94 merc cougar can u HELP me

hey. me to. I just bought a 1995 XR7 with 3.8 V6 with 74,000 miles. and i want to swap a V8 in it. Where is a good place to find this package - motor & tranny.? I would really like to find one of those 7.0L i heard about. Ebay = not to much, maybe a 5.0 mustang motor. jegs? Where to go?
THANKS
shelbyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 15:12   #3 (permalink)

In general, swapping in a V8 for the V6 is expensive and time consuming. You are usually better off selling the V6 for a V8 version if you are dead set on the bigger engine. That being said, you should look into a 4.2L swap. You can find articles (that are sticky'd) over at tccoa.com.
97gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 13:41   #4 (permalink)
Mercury Cougar Cool

94 Cougar came with 4.6L SOHC engine as V8. You can put a 5.0 in as it is basically the same car as 91, 92

It is a big job as you need to change the engine harnesses, ecu, transmission, exhaust

There are some good low mileage V8's around from time to time on ebay - low mileage florida cars generally - for around $3 - $6k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mercury Cougar Forum