'95 Cougar XR-7 factory alarm/keyless remote module - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mercury Cougar Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Mercury Cougar Forum Forum for discussion of the Mercury Cougar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 16:41   #1 (permalink)

confused '95 Cougar XR-7 factory alarm/keyless remote module

I have a '95 XR-7 with the 4.6l motor in it with 53k on the whole car.
I am about to put my stereo in it and am worried about someone stealing it all and messing up such a beautiful perfect car.This is the nicest vehicle I have owned and probally the only one I will have.
I purchased it off of this lady who she inherited it from her father and had to sell it as part of his estate.He did hit something on the passenger side and dented the door and the front fender a tad bit.
When I bought it I just got a couple of keys and no remote.But knowing the plush nature of the Mercurys and the style of the car.I know that it is equipped with the factory alarm,keyless entry, and trunk opener.So I purchased a Mercury made remote offline on ebay and located the two black pins in the trunk above the fuel pump kill switch.However when I "jumped" the pins, as I was instructed to do, nothing happened.I tried it while key was in run and accessory positions both.I also looked on the net to find out how to do it with others and would turn it from run to accessory position several times and yet again no doors locked nor horn blowing.
So I have been thinking that it has been disabled after the old professor has the minor collision.But I am not certain where the module is and how to enable it again, or if I do get it reconnected if it will allow the car to function and run and what not.So that is the whole reason of me joining this forum of other Ford loving individuals. No one else seems willing to give me advice or help me.
So any advice or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays

Thank you for all of your time
wetheppl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 13:09   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: '95 Cougar XR-7 factory alarm/keyless remote module

Not sure if this is the Anti Theft Module location your looking for ,

Alarm help with fuse or plug - TCCoA Forums
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:37   #3 (permalink)

Re: '95 Cougar XR-7 factory alarm/keyless remote module

My trunk does not have that black plastic cover in it.It may have been removed and disabled.I will probally just have to save up for a after market 2-way pager alarm system and sell the keyless remote I bought off of ebay.
There is a little black plastic box on the roof of the trunk but I believe it has to do with the factory sound system.
Behind the fuse panel inside of the car on the drivers side door there is a black box and it like slides in and out and possibly that may be what I am looking for but cant find any other way of programming the keyless remote without using the plugs that are inside of the trunk.

Like I said I am really unfamiliar with Fords in general and all of my Dad's buddies that are mechanics are all GM fans and dont have a clue lmao
wetheppl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mercury Cougar Forum