Ford Forums banner

99 mercury cougar problems please help!

6K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  cougar99 
#1 ·
My battery on my 99 mercury cougar wont stay charged... Replaced both battery and altenator and the battery still wont hold a charge... What can be the problem here/ why is my battery going dead?

#6 ·
You may have a poor connection somewhere. Battery and/or grounds. The voltages are correct. The way to check for a draw would be to check the amp draw and remove fuses until it drops. Then you'll know what circuit is causing the draw.

You'd have to hate every brand of car because none are problem free.

#9 ·
im am going to see if any of my fuses/relays stay on with the negative battery wie disconnected and what ever one is still on im going to remove.. which relays/fuses can i remove that wont effect my car from runninjg... please give me a list so i know what not to pull out and what to pull out.. Thank you for all your help i will keep everyone updated after i check to see if the fuses are making it leak...

#10 ·
battery still decides to die even though all my fuses and relays are good and the battery is brand new and the altenator is also brand new.. why is mercury so stupid??? under the hood of my car all you see is large wires everywhere... Thats just unrealll dumb manufacturing and dumb wiring placements DEFF!! looking to sell my mercury any offers??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.