Ford Forums banner

Mystery fluid leak

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Bobnoxious 
#1 ·
Hey,
I am trying to figure out what fulid has leaked over my cat. converter. Here are some pics. It appears there is a tube the runs out of the fire wall from the inside. Just below the heater hoses (which have no leak). I have eliminated engine coolant, oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid and have a feeling it might be transmission fluid. Does the five speed have an overflow tube? How do you check the fluid for the five speed. It would be the same as a Contour or Mondero. Any ideas? The fluid is green in color and like oil but has a funky smell. My car uses the red-orange antifreeze, so it isn't coolant. If you look at the pics. The first is of the cat. Then other's have an arrow pointing to the tube which is right under the heater hoses and right above the hydralic shifter hoses.

Pictures

#3 ·
Try again. I think there was a yahoo problem. I have determined that it is compressor fulid. I think it is really going to be a pain because the leak is probably behind the dash. Anyone know where to get a Ford tool to remove the radio cheap? I have the 6cd in dash, same as the Contour, and Focus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.