Mystique Power Surge - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Mercury Cougar Forum Forum for discussion of the Mercury Cougar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-26-01, 06:38 PM
frown Mystique Power Surge

I have a 98 Merc Mystique, I took my car to a local dealer and had them do a diagnostic on it, they informed me that the car needed a major tune-up. I have changed the plugs and the timing belt was replaced by the dealer a month ago. My problem is surging, everytime I am accelerating, the car acts as if it can't make up it's mind on what gear it wants to be in and it surges. There are certain speed ranges though that do not cause this problem, it only seems to happen when it's going through the gears or when its caught in the middle of a gear change. Can anyone help me on this?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-26-01, 06:43 PM
Im moving this to the Contour/Mystique forum for you. Good luck.

Is it English? Does it moo?
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mercury Cougar Forum
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts