Some pics from this weekends Austin meet - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mercury Cougar Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Mercury Cougar Forum Forum for discussion of the Mercury Cougar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2002, 20:57   #1 (permalink)
Mustang/Cougar Member

Some pics from this weekends Austin meet

Here and here are some pics from the 99+ Cougar car club, Lonestar NECO this past saturday! Hope you like them.. Mine is the green one :s6:
Bobnoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2002, 20:19   #2 (permalink)
Mustang/Cougar Member

Any comments! :crazy1:
Old 01-21-2002, 21:15   #3 (permalink)
Mustang/Cougar Member

Well it was a good time anyway, lots of modifications in this group!
Old 01-21-2002, 22:16   #4 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

Is this one yours?

Looks like a fun time...and what's more, it looks WARM.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 05:57   #5 (permalink)
Mustang/Cougar Member

Yeap, that's me. We had a great time. I we played lazer tag and then went to Fudruckers for burgers and beer. Then went back and played more lazer tag. I haven't done that in <cough> years. It was a lot of fun :s2:

It made me really want to have the parts on I recently bought but all in do time. Recently bought ST200 Struts which are SVT style struts made for the Euro Cougar, and a 22mm rear sway bar! Once those are on, plan on hitting a couple of autocross events!
Old 01-24-2002, 17:47   #6 (permalink)

very cool club event

enjoyed the pics. Particularly since it helped me understand that the new cougar design is perfectly fine without any modifications. Most of those aesthetic modifications detracted, rather than complemented the cars. What I am most interested in are the dual exhaust systems, as there were several different. Any help with systems and prices?
hwy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 19:14   #7 (permalink)
Mustang/Cougar Member

Sure,
Mine is the Yodude, which you can get with magna flow, dynomax or flow master. If you are not going to get an intake you may want to go with the flow master, because it is louder than the others but softer without an intake.
Go to the page
Then go to merchandise, then yodude intakes and exhausts. It is around $330.00 for a dual made out of the same material as the factory one. Stainless steel is more expensive and won't rust from snow and salt.

Go to the same link, and go to performance, then exhausts. There is a link to the Borla site. It has a nice sound but is more expensive than the Yodude.
I guess I kind of push the Yodude becuase his owns a Cougar and is a member of the national club.

Also, there is a pace setter. I don't have a direct link, but it is the least expensive and I am told they sound Ok. Some people have had them since 99 and no problems, while others have gotten ones that have rusted.

I tend to agree with you on the style. To each his own. When I put the hood scoop and rear spoiler on mine it was aftermarket at the time. 2000-2001 special editions had them stock. I have found a German ground effects kit that I am going to put on my car. I think it has the best lines with the body. Attached is a pic of the kit. I have put a strut brace on the front and have Euro Cougar SVT+ style struts called ST200 struts and recently bought a 22 MM rear sway bar. Hanling like a dream!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mercury Cougar Forum