Ford Forums banner

1 in 4 FPVs will leak water into cabin?

4K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  KAOS 
#1 ·
I've been told by a tech doing PD in a major dealership that they are testing all BA's for water leaks into cabin and boot BEFORE customer gets car. 1 in 4 have issues, in front guard to cabin or rear window to boot/cabin. If a problem, car is gutted out (bumpers off, interier stripped out, guards off. Instant Meccanno set anyone? This will of coarse include GT product as they are all made in the same place. Anyone here have water issues? Are they being looked after? Are FPV doing anything over and above what the F facory are doing (not much it seems). Of course, in some places in Aust, it prob doesn't rain, so isn't a prob? Is this leaking an ISO 9000 (quality) issue? Is there an ISO certificate floating around that is not deserved?

#2 · (Edited)
From you last couple of posts I'm surprised your ordering one. First oil and now water? Why are you buying the GT-P again? You do come across as unhappy with your purchasing decision.

Where are you quoting those statistics from anyway (1 in 4)?. Who is this tech doing PD? What is the basis of his assessment and are these figures published from Ford or are they his/your own speculation? Please advise.

To post statistics on a public forum, you will want to back up your claims and be accountable. I’ll try to clarify them with FMC in NZ. My Brother in law is a tech there.

#5 ·
rod said:
greetings all
FPV ute here & not a drop of water inside @ 3000 km's & very happy with it

regards
rod
But it hasn't rained in melbourne since 1973 has it? :s6: Thought you guys were still in a drought.

I have been in a few very heavy rainstorms up here and mine hasn't leaked either.

#11 · (Edited)
Maybe NZ GT-P is not really a Ford Fan, or a GT-P purchaser, maybe his trying to stir up shit?

Dunno :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.