10,000km of Driving Pleasure - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2003, 16:16   #1 (permalink)
Beastmaster

10,000km of Driving Pleasure

Yesterday, 09/07/03, the beast clocked over 10,000km.
It has been by far the best car I have ever owned. It was delivered on 07/05 in Maryborough and I use it daily for work.
It is an unstriped blurprint manual fitted with leather, sat nav and premium sound. It has had no modifications at all.
I have driven it on all types of roads in and out of traffic, in rain and sun and am EXTREMELY happy with it. It has been run exclusively on 98RON with 3 tanks of Optimax and the rest Ultimate. I run nitrogen in the tyres and it has used 3l or Mobil 1 oil. It averages between 12 and 14l/100km.
Two of my trips were in excess of 1000km at a time, single driver, and at the end of each trip I was not tired or stressed like I have been in other cars.

During the last 2 months I have managed to:
Run it on a race track and check out the performance (mid 14s without being nasty)
Engage the Traction control in 4th gear while playing in a range.
Tame some lions.
Check out the Brembos when a black cow tried to commit suicide (amazing stopping power).
Check out the speed limiter (it works at 255 by the speedo)
Attract lots of attention where ever it goes. (now if I was only 20 years younger)

List of problems:
1) stone chips, not many but the ones I have are huge...
2) vision, driving into the sun in a major pain as the bulge reflects the sun up into my eyes making it difficult to see the road.

Not much to complain about really.

Anyone reading this who is contemplating buying a FPV vehicle, do it, you will never regret it.
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2003, 16:35   #2 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Great stuff! Good to see your testing out it's limits now and then. It just goes to show that a performance based car can do the hard yards and then revert to a comfortable cruiser.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 21:54   #3 (permalink)

Thats Good to hear,

I am taking a Gtp for a test drive tonight and hopefully sign it up today or Saturday.

Its good to read peoples view on the car who have had the chance to get over the initial thrill and can give an honest write up.

Good Work

Jim
JimBoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 00:13   #4 (permalink)

Re: 10,000km of Driving Pleasure

gt pursuit orders from factory order are till jan 04 wait.
gt or gtp still 4months wait
total sold till now including pursuit are 345 units
source fpv today
mygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 00:56   #5 (permalink)

Re: 10,000km of Driving Pleasure

Good to hear the report,it really seems to be an excellant car,can't wait to get mine in about 3 weeks except mine will have the silver stripes.
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum