Ford Forums banner

20 cent

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  GTP 200 
#1 ·
Well it had to happen sooner or later.
Some LEB PRICK at our local shopping centre put the proverbial 20 cent piece across the passenger side rear door. Citric Acid
OK he may not be LEB (I do have many great LEB friends) but, in my area the chances are it was.
I have been told that the front passenger door and rear panel should be sprayed as well. If I don't, you will always tell the door has been resprayed.
Is this right or are they pulling my you know what?
I have seen many cars that you can tell the door has been sprayed, but is this just poor workmanship???
The insurers will only pay for the door and will negotiate on the other panels, so this tells me it is true about not being able to match properly.
Has anyone some experience in this area that can help???
Appreciate your feedback. :fraz:

#3 ·
They are right to an extent,a good spray painter will be able to get as close to as possiable to the original paint, but there will allway's be diffrence's some colour's are harder to work with than other's,the job will only be as good as the painter.

#5 ·
Im guessing they will have to paint the whole side to blend the job properly, however with Citric Acid being a non - metalic kind of colour maybe they might be able to just do the one door.

This sucks balls (maybe get the scratch guys to come out and look at it, as they maybe able to fix it without respraying the whole door, and therefore getting a better match.

#6 ·
Solid colours are easier to match than metalic colours, even a coat of clear over metalic paint will make it a darker shade.
Insurance compinies do allow for blends onto the next panel, and if they dont want to do that tell them that when you get the car back and you can tell the difference you want it painted again I bet they allow for the blends.

#9 ·
I'm sorry to hear that as well. That's the thing I fear the most with my. I'm not too fussed if I stack the thing myself because it's my own fault, but to have someone else ruin it would be unbearable.

#10 ·
Yeah i must say that this would be my worst nightmare,the first thing that always do is check the car out after i've been out somewhere to make sure that it has'nt been scratched.
Sorry to hear about your vandalised GTP,i hope they can make a good match with the paint.
Cheers John

#11 ·
G'day GTP ACID

So sorry & sad to hear that news. If you are in Melb, I took my car to VIP Car Care in Warrigul Rd Moorabbin. Alan was the bloke who removed my deep scratch from 3 panels without the need for re-spray. He said I was very lucky to had it fixed without the need for paint but unlucky for it to happen in the first place.

If you would like any more details, PM me.

Hope it all works out ok in the end.

cam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.