2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2005, 18:19   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
JamesRhadley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brisbane
Age: 34
Posts: 73
2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

2007 COBRA
2007 COBRA

This Cobra was just shown in New York.

If Ford Australia have any balls the 2007 GT will have the same engine.

I mean the 07 cobra will have (now this may sound a bit familiar)

5.4 litre quad cam 4 valve per cylinder cast iron blockV8 mated to a six speed T-56.
Now for the different part it will be BLOWN AND MAKE 465hp.

Has the GT written all over it I reckon.

James.
__________________
Whats BLUE Fat and Filthy.... You guessed it my XR8
JamesRhadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2005, 21:08   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 436
Re: 2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

It would be damn awesome, but to be honest I'd be just as happy if FPV/Ford imported the Mustang.

Ford US should make the Shelby too, its bloody amazing.
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:05   #3 (permalink)
FF Moderator
 
CDAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Australia
Age: 44
Posts: 2,202
Re: 2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

I think a version of that engine may be quite possible and sooner than we may think.
__________________
Design for every step. www.cdaa.com.au

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 20:23   #4 (permalink)
Falcon AU XR8
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 36
Re: 2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

I've been looking at the svt site at the new cobra.

Does anyone know what rev limit the engine is packing?

Is it the same BOSS engine we've got with a whipple supercharger on top???

Would these engines be cheaper to buy for ford Aus then to build them themselves as they've been doing with the BOSS, with the new trade agreement and all!!!!

Hopefully they've stregthened the whole engine and we see a rev limit increase to 6500+rpm.
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 20:29   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 236
Re: 2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

boysssssss cubesssssssss get the booooooobssssssssssss...so holden will piss all over ford until ford can get something up and close to around 6L mark....lets face it...new ls2 commie will shit all over any stock ford of any kind...in australia that is!!!!!!!!!!
mr_xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 17:53   #6 (permalink)
Frontier Psychiatrist
 
[Martin]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 18
Re: 2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

The 2007 Australian Ford GT will be running a 5.4litre engine which burns 5.4 litres of oil per kilometer and runs 20litres to the kilometer. Also, it'll have 'premium brakes' meaning, super awesome fantastic drum brakes on all 4 wheels!!! It'll also be fitted with the latest plastic console and bleeding edge 'premium sound' which they'll charge you $20,000 for but only buy from Dick Smith for $100 - Yet seemingly everyone will still want to buy one... Go figure.
[Martin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 01:21   #7 (permalink)
New Car Kid
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Perth, W.A.
Age: 35
Posts: 90
Re: 2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Martin]
The 2007 Australian Ford GT will be running a 5.4litre engine which burns 5.4 litres of oil per kilometer and runs 20litres to the kilometer. Also, it'll have 'premium brakes' meaning, super awesome fantastic drum brakes on all 4 wheels!!! It'll also be fitted with the latest plastic console and bleeding edge 'premium sound' which they'll charge you $20,000 for but only buy from Dick Smith for $100 - Yet seemingly everyone will still want to buy one... Go figure.
Martin, get out from between those brackets and have a good look around. This is AUSTRALIA, we pay an average of AU$60,000 for a Quad cam, 390 HP Grand-tourer which seats 5 in comfort, does a sub 14 second 1/4 mile, sounds awesome, and has, in many opinions, a ride quality comparable to many Euro's (refer Wheels XR6T tour of europe). And your worried about the build quality of a plastic trim or a sound system that has in your opinion "tiny wires, blah blah nun's bum blah blah" It's not like its comparable in PRICE to an Aston Martin Vanquish (US$250k) which also runs the T-56 box, or the AJV8 powered S/C Jaguar with a similar output engine -that also burns oil- (for AU$230k) 60 grand mate, settle down old son.
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:00   #8 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: geelong
Posts: 1,500
Re: 2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya
I've been looking at the svt site at the new cobra.

Does anyone know what rev limit the engine is packing?

Is it the same BOSS engine we've got with a whipple supercharger on top???

Would these engines be cheaper to buy for ford Aus then to build them themselves as they've been doing with the BOSS, with the new trade agreement and all!!!!

Hopefully they've stregthened the whole engine and we see a rev limit increase to 6500+rpm.
The photos in the news section shows the tacho with a redline at 6000rpm, although the rev limiter maybe a bit higher. I heard from a guy I know at Product Engineering that they have been tested blown 5.4's for at least 18 months now, so they can't be too far away from release. I'd assume that when they get an auto that can handle the torque they will become available.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:58   #9 (permalink)
Frontier Psychiatrist
 
[Martin]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 18
Re: 2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Martin, get out from between those brackets and have a good look around. This is AUSTRALIA, we pay an average of AU$60,000 for a Quad cam, 390 HP Grand-tourer which seats 5 in comfort, does a sub 14 second 1/4 mile, sounds awesome, and has, in many opinions, a ride quality comparable to many Euro's (refer Wheels XR6T tour of europe). And your worried about the build quality of a plastic trim or a sound system that has in your opinion "tiny wires, blah blah nun's bum blah blah" It's not like its comparable in PRICE to an Aston Martin Vanquish (US$250k) which also runs the T-56 box, or the AJV8 powered S/C Jaguar with a similar output engine -that also burns oil- (for AU$230k) 60 grand mate, settle down old son.
So let's see, the fact that "This is AUSTRALIA" is a full justification for Ford to produce crap? Because compared to a $250k~ car, it's damn good for the price? Pfft. You can buy an Audi car for around the same price which is absolutely pristine in quality, a BMW, hell, anything that isn't made here

Following your logic:
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the F6 had clutch problems?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the GT autos have reverse lag?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the sound system is a ripoff?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" fpv screw around all their customers?

Yep, that's right, we're in Australia, so that's full justification for producing crap, because it only costs $60k.
[Martin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 15:43   #10 (permalink)
New Car Kid
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Perth, W.A.
Age: 35
Posts: 90
Re: 2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Martin]
So let's see, the fact that "This is AUSTRALIA" is a full justification for Ford to produce crap? Because compared to a $250k~ car, it's damn good for the price? Pfft. You can buy an Audi car for around the same price which is absolutely pristine in quality, a BMW, hell, anything that isn't made here

Following your logic:
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the F6 had clutch problems?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the GT autos have reverse lag?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the sound system is a ripoff?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" fpv screw around all their customers?

Yep, that's right, we're in Australia, so that's full justification for producing crap, because it only costs $60k.
THEY DON'T PRODUCE CRAP, going by your logic, we should be able to buy Hyundai's for $13,990, with 200+kw, awesome sound systems, sleek/attractive, yet 100% versatile body design and faultless after-sales service, you don't seem to understand that ALL manufacturers build to a price, and for 60k, these cars are excellent value for money. Your one man with one opinion, the vast majority disagree with you, if you don't believe me, run a poll
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:24.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.