297 kw clubsport Vs 290 kw pursuit - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2005, 02:34   #1 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit

297 kw clubsport Vs 290 kw pursuit

My buddy who works at a holden dealership, brought a 6.0 ltr clubsport to my workshop today and took me for a spin,

1st impressions are, it would smoke my 290, maybe it's just more powerful down low and the auto shifts into gear rather firmly compared to my pursuit, but it did feel more powerful
He's also talking that HSV will eventually get the 7.0 ltr which will be 373 kw's (500 hp)

I think ford needs to do some more work

*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2005, 02:37   #2 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Re: 297 kw clubsport Vs 290 kw pursuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
My buddy who works at a holden dealership, brought a 6.0 ltr clubsport to my workshop today and took me for a spin,

1st impressions are, it would smoke my 290, maybe it's just more powerful down low and the auto shifts into gear rather firmly compared to my pursuit, but it did feel more powerful
He's also talking that HSV will eventually get the 7.0 ltr which will be 373 kw's (500 hp)

I think ford needs to do some more work
Those Clubbies look good too.6 litres is a big motor though and the good thing about is it's also lighter than the Gen 3.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:41   #3 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Those Clubbies look good too.

Not as good as the FPV range of cars

*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 03:09   #4 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Yeah, but are they selling? My best mate works for the biggest HSV dealer in Queensland and he was telling me that they were selling around 40 HSV's a month. Last month they did 8!

Now, I know my mate is a car salesman, and I'm the first to admit he's mostly full of shit, but when I quizzed him why he said that customers don't like the look of them. In particular the fake flute in the front guards and the look too much like a SS etc.

More importantly, he was saying that the new LS2 had an appetite for valves and they were experiencing a mountain of problems. Their technical term was "overhead drivetrain failure"!!! Anybody else heard of this, I hadn't before I spoke to him.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 18:08   #5 (permalink)

I reckon for out of the box fun the 6.0 clubbies are a good bit of gear. If they weren't friggen everywhere and so popular with young try hards I might look at one. I am looking forward to my 1st set of lights next to one in the Typhoon.

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 18:17   #6 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

The bigger question would be.. Does it still feel just as powerful if you were driving it.
I notice if i drive my ED it feels ok, but put me in the passenger seat & give it herbs, It feels wayyyyy more stronger.

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 18:25   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Those Clubbies look good too.6 litres is a big motor though and the good thing about is it's also lighter than the Gen 3.
What do you mean by its lighter than a gen 3 ????
They are the same engine except for a 2mm bigger bore
red250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 23:24   #8 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red250
What do you mean by its lighter than a gen 3 ????
They are the same engine except for a 2mm bigger bore
Apparently they are a few kgs lighter. Some parts are made from lighter materials.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 23:37   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPEMAN
Yeah, but are they selling? My best mate works for the biggest HSV dealer in Queensland and he was telling me that they were selling around 40 HSV's a month. Last month they did 8!

Now, I know my mate is a car salesman, and I'm the first to admit he's mostly full of shit, but when I quizzed him why he said that customers don't like the look of them. In particular the fake flute in the front guards and the look too much like a SS etc.

More importantly, he was saying that the new LS2 had an appetite for valves and they were experiencing a mountain of problems. Their technical term was "overhead drivetrain failure"!!! Anybody else heard of this, I hadn't before I spoke to him.

Unless they do something terrible they will sell. They have a massive lot of existing customers that are not only coming back again and again but they do the selling and advertising for them with their own cars. Because FPV is 10 years behind in this department FPV need to stay a step ahead to slowly break them down. At the moment in terms of performance FPV are behind.
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 00:09   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR XR
Unless they do something terrible they will sell. They have a massive lot of existing customers that are not only coming back again and again but they do the selling and advertising for them with their own cars. Because FPV is 10 years behind in this department FPV need to stay a step ahead to slowly break them down. At the moment in terms of performance FPV are behind.

lol the reason why HSV are so popular is because they make great tax write offs!!! No other car drops that much that quick
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum