Re: 5.0L Cammer , who imports them?
interestingly enough, the 4.6L engine is available here in aus for around $7500, but i contacted ford about the cammer 5.0L and they said it wont be available here as it is not intended for road use, meaning it is a race engine, and does not comply with our emission rules or ADR's, i imagine a smart tuner could tune it to our emission reg's. would be nice if that engine was available in the FPV range. see power specs below.
The 5.0L DOHC 4-valve “Cammer” engine is an upgraded variant of the 4.6L DOHC 4-valve Mustang Cobra engine, with numerous changes for improved power and durability. This engine is completely electronically managed. As part of the “Cammer” crate engine program, a stand-alone harness and engine management computer will be available separately. This will allow the engine to be used for many applications.
With proper headers (not included) and low restriction air intake and vehicle exhaust systems, the engine will exceed 400 Bhp and have a very broad torque curve, peaking over 365 ft./lbs.
Among the many features of the 5.0L Cammer are:
* Variable geometry long/short runner, magnesium intake manifold assembly
* All new Ford Racing 356 alloy aluminum block, specifically designed for this 5.0L engine program
* Ford Racing high-flow cylinder heads
* Ford Racing 12mm lift camshafts with unique valves, springs and rocker arms
* High-strength racing connecting rods
* Forged pistons with 11:1 compression ratio (nominal)
* Complete with power steering pump, alternator and air conditioning compressor
* Photo and specs may vary
This assembly is basically a complete package of all the high-performance modular DOHC 4-valve components being offered in the Ford Racing Performance Parts Catalog. These parts are currently in use as the core for a number of widely varying race engine applications. Modular 4.6L and 5.0L DOHC 4-valve engines have been successfully used in drag racing, circle track and road racing. Further component development takes place on a continuous basis at Ford Racing, and will result in ever expanding parts availability for this engine family
BA SERIES2 XR6 TURBO 5SPD