80mm T/Body apologies to SS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2004, 01:05   #1 (permalink)

80mm T/Body apologies to SS

As many would be aware I made a post regarding the SS 80mm T/Body and a bottom end torque drop. I ended up sending it to rod in Melb for his kind donation of $200 to the Salvo's. I went back to the standard T/Body with a 75mm helix from BPT. Then a couple of weeks ago Barry stuck a BPT 80mm T/Body and helix back on the car to see what would happen, result, all the bottom end came back stronger
It then appeared on a post that upon testing in Melb the SS 80mm wasn't set up correctly and was a bit catchy and rough as the butterfly opened, I guess this is what happens when you get a mobile mechanic to do something that takes a little mechanical aptitude or patience and TLC, anyway it appears it was the installing workmanship not the actual product that was at fault as the car is flying all through the rev range with the BPT 80mm installed. One strange thing is that ever since taking off the initial SS 80mm when the car is cold started it carries on like its got an automatic choke and idles around 1500rpm for about 5mins or until the temp needle moves a little, then occasionally at the lights it will rev up to 1500-1700 rpm then drop down and have a little splutter before all normalises. Of course all that the FMC computer will say is that all is well, there are no fault codes, but the HEGOS are a little funny (whatever that means) on cold start. Anybody else getting these idling type dramas?
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2004, 01:56   #2 (permalink)
walking power

Re: 80mm T/Body apologies to SS

All i find is that first thing in the morning and after its been sitting at work and on the way home, it surges for a couple of mins then once it warms up it seems fine. I ocasionally get a rough idle but mainly when its cold.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:46   #3 (permalink)
rod

greetings Rick
how did you find out about that

i was actually going to lend the throttle body to someone when i discovered the faults with it, i will however over the weekend time permitting pull it all apart as i have a new shaft for it now & will re-build it the way it was supposed to be done & fit it to my car to test it, that way i will know if its the throttle body or whoever you had assemble it

couple of things i have found with it is the shaft was machined out to much on one side & it is pushing the T.P.S. sensor off from the throttle body on one side & causing the gears to bind on the other & the Blade is binding in the bore of the body aswell

glad to hear you are now a happy man with an 80mm back on your car & i will be interested to see how you find it now that you have one that has been assembled properly

i was a little confused when you were haveing problems with the SS Inductions throttle body as i have assembled & fitted heaps of them with no problems at all & i must admit i thought that you were being a bit of a winger when i first read you posts about the problems that you were experiancing but upon receiving your throttle body i now owe you an appoligy as your thoughts are now throughly understood but atleast we both now know that the problem was not with the throttle body but with the assembler

appoligies to Rick & thanks again

regards
rod
Old 09-23-2004, 04:02   #4 (permalink)

xr8 can be a bit wobbly when cold,never touched the throttle body its standard,only started after full exhaust was fitted,ifigured it was a small price to pay for that deep throb
bedflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 04:04   #5 (permalink)
rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedflute
xr8 can be a bit wobbly when cold,never touched the throttle body its standard,only started after full exhaust was fitted,ifigured it was a small price to pay for that deep throb

i would presume that you had extractors fitted as well, would that be right

regards
rod
Old 09-23-2004, 04:14   #6 (permalink)

pacemakers twin 2.5 stainless
Old 09-23-2004, 04:18   #7 (permalink)

had the 30000 service a couple weeks back, must admit been real good since,probably coincidence
Old 09-23-2004, 06:21   #8 (permalink)
Get It On

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedflute
pacemakers twin 2.5 stainless
hi i didnt know the pacemakers came in stainless...anyway i thought poeple were saying only difillpo's gave that wobbly idle looks like most do this when being fitted.. i found that after the car got about 10,000 klms it almost completly stopped....

BOSS POWER COMING TO CALDER SOON
Quote: by Street Tuner
400kw N/A engine is sitting on the dyno now ,
GRUMPY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 16:40   #9 (permalink)

Guys.
For those of you that have fitted the 80mm T.B, would any of you be interested in selling your original T.B. I'm after one!!

Cheers.

Agro.
AGRO XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 17:05   #10 (permalink)
rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRO XR
Guys.
For those of you that have fitted the 80mm T.B, would any of you be interested in selling your original T.B. I'm after one!!

Cheers.

Agro.

when fitting the 80MM SS Inductions Throttle Body you use all the internals from the original throttle body & all you are left with is the bare body & throttle blade

regards
rod
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum