An Absolute Disgrace! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2003, 00:44   #1 (permalink)

An Absolute Disgrace!

The lastest in the saga of the my TE.

Back from the dealers Thursday after repairs to the rear Shocker mounts. The dealer informed me I had a screw in one of the rears. They are aware I was selling the car and didn't bother to fix it.
I took it a tyre place today to get the screw removed and the tyre fixed. On taking the tyre off the repairer showed me these marks on the tyre. These were from rubbing against the inner guard of the car!

Both the rear tyres have a groove cut out of them from the tyre hitting the inner guard. this was due to the dealers having to bend the inner guards to get to shocker mounts they repaired this week - or so that's what the tyre bloke told me. The tyre is absolutely stuffed and so could I have been if the tyre blew out.

Pictures are attached for those who want to see the disgrace. The last photo was the "New Spare". I put it on the car this morning. It did about 25 KM's today before I had it rotated on the rim to the right direction for the tyre. It had already started to have had a groove cut out into it.

I can't wait now to get rid of this absolute Lemon of a car!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000347A.JPG (35.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg P1000348A.JPG (19.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg P1000350A.JPG (21.9 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg P1000354A.JPG (21.6 KB, 85 views)
BHTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2003, 00:55   #2 (permalink)
SM

Re: An Absolute Disgrace!

Same thing happened to me when I ran 265 tyres on my AU XR8, but I was running 8.5 inch rims. How can this happen with the Azzuros?
Old 09-20-2003, 01:54   #3 (permalink)

From the way he describes it, it happened because the DEALER couldn't be bothered doing the job properly.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:22   #4 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

God ill be glad when you sell it !
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 02:36   #5 (permalink)
gone

Hey

I was running 265's on my TE50 and didnt have this problem, sounds like the dealership may have some questions to answer!

Seriously I have never ever heard of panel damage or bending of same as you described, sounds like a bodgie to me!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 04:49   #6 (permalink)

Thumbs down

To Laminge & Sbutler

Laminge - A picture tells a thousand words. these were photo's taken today. It's certainly not a bodgie! Worst still I wouldn't have known unless I took the time to get the damn thing fixed. The dealer will get a call Monday AM regarding the damage to the tyres. Not only was the car a danger to me, but other road users as well.

And to sbutler, read some of the other quality issues being posted in this forum. From what I read and from what I've seen, it seems that FPV / Tickford have some serious quality issues with their products and I'm not the only one who believes that they have a "Lemon". And I'd go as far as to say, as much as it hurts me to say it - It's by far the worst put together and engineered car I've ever owned or driven and a disgrace to Ford.
BHTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 05:42   #7 (permalink)

To BHTE50 after going for a drive in Sbutler's car today i can see why he doesn't agree with you.His car is awesome but like anything there can be good and bad cars of the same make & i feel sorry for you
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 06:02   #8 (permalink)
The Third Power

the contrition on some accounts is interesting maybe its the true blue blood coming through

by all accounts there are lemons from all manufactuers but dont shoot the guys who want to mention it
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 14:05   #9 (permalink)
gone

BHT

I calling the dealer bodgie, not the pics!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 16:30   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHTE50
And to sbutler, read some of the other quality issues being posted in this forum. From what I read and from what I've seen, it seems that FPV / Tickford have some serious quality issues with their products and I'm not the only one who believes that they have a "Lemon". And I'd go as far as to say, as much as it hurts me to say it - It's by far the worst put together and engineered car I've ever owned or driven and a disgrace to Ford.
There has been a few people on this forum with "Lemons" and I'd say this case is the worst I've heard. It's appaling especially for those who have forked out big bucks for premium models to endure this!! If BHTE50 is sworn off Fords for life I wouldn't blame him, I would be too. As a wanna be BA XR owner I'm a bit concerned about these issues to the extent where I'm considering alternatives (and not Holden either) if I'm ever in a position to lash out on a newie.

Having said that my AU XR6 has been fantastic so far after an ED Ghia that fell apart after 150,000k's and an EA Ghia that was the biggest piece of crap I've ever owned.

BHTE50, good luck and when you get rid of the car how about "outing" the bodgie dealer you'd been dealing with?? Be interested to know what you get as a replacement.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum