To all those GT haters, THREE WORDS; XD PHASE 5 AND EWW - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2002, 18:51   #1 (permalink)

To all those GT haters, THREE WORDS; XD PHASE 5 AND EWW

I have posted on here and said i dont like the new GT...IM SORRY THIS ISNT THE SAME AS OTHER GT HATE/LIKE POSTS

Does ANYONE remember the Phase 5 XD Falcon? .... i was flicking through some old motor magazones and saw it....

Now that thing was coolish..... but it didnt have timeless styling like the old XY GTs etc. That is what i think could possibly missing.

I think the new GT is a step in the right direction. I think it came out a little hurried but its isnt finalised yet.

The new GT, i believe is undoubtebly tough looking. It does have timeless styling. I KNOW my kids will be driving these. And think if this is the first of the new generation IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!!

GOOD WORK !!!
subsbligh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2002, 19:05   #2 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

They're are no GT haters... even Holden supporters respect the GT name..
Its an Australia muscle car icon, and the new BA GT is no exception. Its a true performer...

The MINOR problem with a few people is that it looks too much like an XR8 to them.. these are the people that haven't even seen the XR8 in real life to compare.

Once everyone starts seeing them on the roads (and they get familiar to the XR8 aswell) they will notice the differences and except the GT for what it is.

Personally, I'm hoping they 2 tone the bonnet, in series 2 if its too late (not that it is a major thing). Either way, there is going to be a future models to add certain things. Just like the XR GT was a 'naked' GT to the XW, XY GT's.

I absolutely love the GT and the colour range !!!!! I'll have one in Congo Green thanks!
Old 10-18-2002, 20:05   #3 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

chubz i don't agree with the 2 tone bonnet thing - just get a spray painter to do it for you if you want it that badly
bhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 04:02   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I'm with you bhr ..
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 04:05   #5 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

and again.. options, its all about options.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:20   #6 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

Hey I know a good panel beater/ spray painter ChuBBz
hehe
But seriously, GT does look the goods...remember fellas it is only supposed to be, and always was a finely tuned, souped up, perfected Falcon road muncher.
hehe
Old 10-20-2002, 05:26   #7 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

and things can only get better, just remember that
Old 10-20-2002, 06:15   #8 (permalink)
Patriotic Aussie car fan

A mate told me he raced an XD (or XE) phase 5 a few months ago (and won in his 2.0L EFI Datsun 1600), but I always assumed he was seeing things.... anyone got some scans/pictures of this thing?
Old 10-20-2002, 06:23   #9 (permalink)
plonky

If I remember correctly the Phase 5 had splitters on the front guards like the HDT Commodore, it also had a roof wing, a bonnet scoop, front splitter and rear wing.

The kit was made by Phase Auto's in Melbourne (correct me if I'm wrong) At the time I thought it was extremely cool but, now that I am older, I am no longer a fan of body kit add ons.

The only Ford that I have seen from that era that stills looks incredibly tuff, was Dick Johnsons Tru Blu XD and the Greens Tuff XE. The flares, rear wing and front air dam suited the car perfectly and the car still looks fantastic alongside todays model cars. I think this is because the wheel/tyre combo suited it, however to it would require an engineers report to have wheels that big now on an XD/XE.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:03   #10 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

I never new there was a Phase 5???. Are you sure it is not a car modified by an after market company?
Mason.
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum