AP Gets Shafted Yet Again - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2003, 14:50   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

mad AP Gets Shafted Yet Again

I was overseas for a few weeks so it provided a great window of opportunity for my car to spend some more time in its second place of residence - the car dealer service department. It's what you might call a 'Frequent Parker'. This time it was the Brembo brake fix and the paint rectifications.

Anyhow, I've caved in to pressure from a bunch of members on here to post this bit of news on the latest "No-Lube" (TM) job done on AP and more sprecifically my much hated Pursuit ute.

The car has had poor colour matching on the hardcover, bumpers and a body mould since day one. Finally Ford gave the OK to rectify the problems so on the Wednesday before I left I fitted the hard cover, washed the car (because the hardcover was dusty) and the next day drove over to the dealer before flying out.

On my return I picked up the car and drove over to the vet to pick up my dead dog. I put him in the tray under the cover and drove home. Without going into details I had to remove the hard cover straight away and hose out the tray area. I put the hardcover in the garage storage as usual.

So, on the Sunday I wash the car again and whoa the paint goes all rough as sandpaper. I think damn I'll have to wax soon - maybe there's grunge all over it.

However, later in the week I had to wash the car after a trip and the paint is all rough all over the top surfaces and I notice rust coloured stains throughout the paint including the newly painted bars. There's rust spots on the door moulds, the windscreen moulds and even the wiper blades. I tried a buff on a section with no success. On closer inspection I discover the cause - grinder residue all over the car.

That's a bummer because where did I park the car to get this?

Then I think hang on, it's been in a body shop and it's on the newly painted bars. So, I drag the hardcover out and wash it and whoa it's got it too. That means the damage occurred while the hardtop was fitted and that could only have happened during the time I was away unless I followed someone grinding something on the road to and from the dealer eh? (0% chance I'd say).

So, my car's paint is totally stuffed. The damage won't buff out and even if it does how much clear coat will be left?

I'm having a paint assessment done by a well known paint guru in Sydney on his return from holidays. However, I'm guessing Pursuit 006 will be in for a full respray to fix this issue.

I'll ask the question again:

"How can this car be such a bad experience after the fantastic AU2 XR8 I had?"

Sorry, but all my thoughts are negative when I have to think about this car....

I've added some piocs showing the deposits of metal all over the car.

This shows metal grindings built up on the lower windscreen moulds and glass after I hosed the car:

The vent box under the bonnet and the inner guard edges all have metal built up.

Door opening and rubber moulds has large amounts of metal deposits

Side mirror mould also has metal embedded.

The windscreen wiper showing metal on the blades and the arm itself.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.

Last edited by Aussie Pete; 01-08-2004 at 14:43.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2003, 15:06   #2 (permalink)
gone

Re: AP Gets Shafted Yet Again

Damm Pete

What will it take to ensure that something is done right....

You relly must be at the stage of either handing it back and cutting your losses, or taking appropriate action... Media or Legal.

Either way this is a poor show all up, and anyone else would have waled away from this ages ago.

Someone needs to take responsibility for this, and they need to do it now!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 15:14   #3 (permalink)

AP,

Yours is about the worst tale of woe with a new car l have ever heard. l admire you patience because if it was me l would have sold it long ago, the service you have recieved is nothing short of woeful.

Are you going to get Ford/FPV involved? l would like to think they would be interested and not brush you off because its dealer incompetence like this that continues to hold Ford back, regardless of how good the product is.

Good luck with the dealer, l hope they do the right thing and compensate you accordingly over and above repairing your car.

Cheers Mondie.

PS Sorry to hear about you dog.
mondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 16:05   #4 (permalink)
X-DM!!

I can't believe the run of luck you have had with this ute AP. I would be showing the dealer first so he can get in touch with the paint shop to show them the damage. Who would be so stupid to use a angle grinder so close to another vehicle to shower it with red hot filings. It is just beyond the joke now!
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 16:19   #5 (permalink)

My opinion is one and one only you have had problems with the dealer and FPV from day one so its simple go to your solicitor and seek professional advice and then nail the bastards to the wall. You probably have heard my thoughts on car manufacturers and the cop outs they come up with so if you have the means and ligitamate excuse then do it.Stop playing MR nice guy and letting them have chance after chance, as they say "give them a inch and they take a foot!"

Elmer Fudd
BOSSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 16:22   #6 (permalink)

My heart is really goes out for you.You certainly have had bad luck since day one by looks from things.
Sorry to hear about your dog too.
I hope you will have a better New Year.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,

Last edited by GTP 320; 12-29-2003 at 17:00.
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 16:23   #7 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Pete, i really hope 2004 is a better year for you mate.
You deserve it.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 16:50   #8 (permalink)

I cant believe the bad luck you have had with this ute Pete. Hope the dealer will fix this properly and hoipe next year is better for you.
Old 12-29-2003, 17:53   #9 (permalink)
BSR

Replacement??? who wants a 70k ute thats had a respray!!

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 18:03   #10 (permalink)

I know someone who got a replacement, (YES, a BRAND NEW one) for a hell of a lot less than this ongoing farce!!!!!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum