Ba Gt Info Req - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2003, 02:34   #1 (permalink)

Ba Gt Info Req

Couple of questions about the BA GT, since it has no red line area on the tacho, what can this engine rev to safely? I have also heard from a reliable source (you know who you are) that it has computer prog designed to change at 1500k and 15000k, if this is the case what are the set for now and how is affecting the performance of the vechicle. The ford dealers i have talked to seeem to know very little, if anything about these cars and their specs. Any info what be gratly app.
Adventra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2003, 02:58   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Re: Ba Gt Info Req

I believe the rev limiter comes in at 5850rpm.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:14   #3 (permalink)

These two distance changes you mentioned I believe are to do with emission related intervals as the car ages.

Maybe the reason is because I read was that the effective life of 'catalytic converters' in the exhaust system are in fact no more than 40,000 kms in lifespan in any car...after this they are completely useless in being effective in any way. Some scientest/engineer disputed the effective life of I think palladium or some rare earth metal used in catalytic converters in a thesis and said that they do not 'definately' last the life of a vehicle. Could be BS but it was in an article about the crock that is unleaded fuel! And once the cat' con's let go the unleaded exhaust is meant to be far worse than leaded fuel ever was.

Last edited by jonk; 11-21-2003 at 05:17.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 21:03   #4 (permalink)

6,500rpm safely, but the limiter is set lower and the setting is varied by the PCM according to measured engine parameters. It is generally less than 6,000rpm.
EVLfour.oneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum