BA GT-P vs AUIII TS50 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which do you think looks better?
BA GT-P 83 60.14%
AUIII TS50 26 18.84%
Equally as good 29 21.01%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2003, 17:16   #1 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

BA GT-P vs AUIII TS50

Looks only. Theres been alot of debate lately over which looks better, especially in Pursuit 250's thread.

Well as much as I love the TS50, a done up AU will never looks as good as a done up BA. The GT at the All Ford day looked so good. Iv'e been left to eat my own words, the stripes look awesome! Havn't seen GT-P in the metal but With nicer wheels and front splitter it would look better still.

Colours that suit the GT-P are Acid rush and Blood Orange. TS50 would be venom and Blueprint.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2003, 17:50   #2 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

Thats a VERY tough decision to make ... how about adding an option saying you think they're both about equally horn :p

bhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 19:33   #3 (permalink)
Future BA XR6T Pilot

I saw a GT-P in the metal on Fyans St in South Geelong, I think it was Venom red and it looked awesome. Pity it was peak hour traffic or I would have followed it for a better look. I think all the new BA FPVs look heaps better than the T3s (not that the T3 was a bad looking car), Its just that the basic shape of the BA is a better base to start from than the AU IMO.

Steve
Old 02-21-2003, 19:46   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by krusic
I saw a GT-P in the metal on Fyans St in South Geelong, I think it was Venom red and it looked awesome. Pity it was peak hour traffic or I would have followed it for a better look. I think all the new BA FPVs look heaps better than the T3s (not that the T3 was a bad looking car), Its just that the basic shape of the BA is a better base to start from than the AU IMO.

Steve
Exactly my thoughts. That's why a done up AU will never look as good as a BA.

Fyans street ay? Coincidence that that's the road that Gorells is on? Pity I havn't seen any in the holding yards yet.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 20:07   #5 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

Can we throw a Taurus into that poll so that none of those 2 inspiring cars come last?
Old 02-21-2003, 20:26   #6 (permalink)
Mr 3D

I've never liked the AU from the start, but I must say that the AUIII TS50 was the best looking out of all the AU's

Sipheren
2.5" Redback Exhust
WADE 1004-112 cam
XH Snorke
3.27 LSD
Sipheren07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 20:53   #7 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

I'd have to say, I might be the minority, but give me the T3 any day. Mind you, T3 is my dream car, and i WILL own one one day!

i used to be like that with the EL GT, till the T3 came around. but yeah, thats not to discredit the GT-P, because it's a damn sexy car, I'd still go the T3 over it, and i aint afraid to admit it:)
Old 02-22-2003, 03:27   #8 (permalink)
Future BA XR6T Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
Exactly my thoughts. That's why a done up AU will never look as good as a BA.

Fyans street ay? Coincidence that that's the road that Gorells is on? Pity I havn't seen any in the holding yards yet.
Yeah I know I'm always driving past to see what new XRs are in the showroom. It didn't have a number plate on the front so I don't think it was registered. It was waiting to turn right towards belmont near bob jane. I can't wait until they get one in at gorrell's as I'll be down there that day.

Steve
Old 02-22-2003, 04:19   #9 (permalink)
gone

Hmmm

I wonder if we should go back and reread some old post when the s3 ts50 came out, my how things change!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 05:23   #10 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Hmmm

I wonder if we should go back and reread some old post when the s3 ts50 came out, my how things change!
I think it would be interesting too. Bearing in mind to be fair you would be comparing Series I / II AU TS50against the T3. The T3 was such a quantum leap foward is styling as far as the Boy racer image went, which was where the car needed to be. The Series I and II were nice looking cars, just way to subtle for the market at which they competed.

Having said that, I think the latest update to the BA GT range has given it the boost it needed to lift it up from looking like a tarted up XR8.

Having said that, I voted for the BA GT-P. As good a job styling wise the T3 was to make the AU look tough, I think the BA body is a much better starting point.

P.S. I prefer the GT front splitter over the plain GT-P one.
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum