Votes: 77 58.8%
  • AUIII TS50

Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Equally as good

Votes: 29 22.1%

BA GT-P vs AUIII TS50

6K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  smciner1 
#1 ·
Looks only. Theres been alot of debate lately over which looks better, especially in Pursuit 250's thread.

Well as much as I love the TS50, a done up AU will never looks as good as a done up BA. The GT at the All Ford day looked so good. Iv'e been left to eat my own words, the stripes look awesome! Havn't seen GT-P in the metal but With nicer wheels and front splitter it would look better still.

Colours that suit the GT-P are Acid rush and Blood Orange. TS50 would be venom and Blueprint.

#3 ·
I saw a GT-P in the metal on Fyans St in South Geelong, I think it was Venom red and it looked awesome. Pity it was peak hour traffic or I would have followed it for a better look. I think all the new BA FPVs look heaps better than the T3s (not that the T3 was a bad looking car), Its just that the basic shape of the BA is a better base to start from than the AU IMO.

Steve

#4 ·
krusic said:
I saw a GT-P in the metal on Fyans St in South Geelong, I think it was Venom red and it looked awesome. Pity it was peak hour traffic or I would have followed it for a better look. I think all the new BA FPVs look heaps better than the T3s (not that the T3 was a bad looking car), Its just that the basic shape of the BA is a better base to start from than the AU IMO.

Steve
Exactly my thoughts. That's why a done up AU will never look as good as a BA.

Fyans street ay? Coincidence that that's the road that Gorells is on? Pity I havn't seen any in the holding yards yet.

#6 ·
I've never liked the AU from the start, but I must say that the AUIII TS50 was the best looking out of all the AU's

Sipheren

#7 ·
I'd have to say, I might be the minority, but give me the T3 any day. Mind you, T3 is my dream car, and i WILL own one one day!

i used to be like that with the EL GT, till the T3 came around. but yeah, thats not to discredit the GT-P, because it's a damn sexy car, I'd still go the T3 over it, and i aint afraid to admit it:)

#8 ·
Cobra said:
Exactly my thoughts. That's why a done up AU will never look as good as a BA.

Fyans street ay? Coincidence that that's the road that Gorells is on? Pity I havn't seen any in the holding yards yet.
Yeah I know I'm always driving past to see what new XRs are in the showroom. It didn't have a number plate on the front so I don't think it was registered. It was waiting to turn right towards belmont near bob jane. I can't wait until they get one in at gorrell's as I'll be down there that day.

Steve

#10 ·
laminge said:
Hmmm

I wonder if we should go back and reread some old post when the s3 ts50 came out, my how things change!
I think it would be interesting too. Bearing in mind to be fair you would be comparing Series I / II AU TS50against the T3. The T3 was such a quantum leap foward is styling as far as the Boy racer image went, which was where the car needed to be. The Series I and II were nice looking cars, just way to subtle for the market at which they competed.

Having said that, I think the latest update to the BA GT range has given it the boost it needed to lift it up from looking like a tarted up XR8.

Having said that, I voted for the BA GT-P. As good a job styling wise the T3 was to make the AU look tough, I think the BA body is a much better starting point.

P.S. I prefer the GT front splitter over the plain GT-P one.

#12 ·
I still strongly believe that the GT isnt properly differentiated from the XR8 enough to compare with T3 - it was far over the top compared to its ford variants, but as with GT-P and GT the resemblence is too strong.

I know i might get flamed with "wait till you see it in flesh" but i have seen it in flesh, and I still think the same.

#13 ·
Why was my poll edited?

#17 ·
blackout said:
I'd have to say, I might be the minority, but give me the T3 any day. Mind you, T3 is my dream car, and i WILL own one one day!

i used to be like that with the EL GT, till the T3 came around. but yeah, thats not to discredit the GT-P, because it's a damn sexy car, I'd still go the T3 over it, and i aint afraid to admit it:)
I agree with you blackout, but I think we will be in the minority. I saw an FPV GT at the Big Boys Toys show in Auckland late last year and I thought it looked great, but perhaps they could have made it a bit more aggressive, to the degree that HSV have changed Holdens.

Also like you blackout, I WILL own one one day. On Saturday I saw one at the petrol station in silver, big 18" wheels and big spoiler. It was so amazing I turned round and went to buy a paper just so I could chat to the guy. He was deliberating whether to wait for the BA V8's to reach NZ, went to a Motor Show in Aus to check out the FPV cars and came back and bought the TS50. It was beautiful.

It's just a matter of taste really. Both are brilliant cars, though obviously the new engines are more refined.

#18 ·
blackout said:

I agree with you blackout, but I think we will be in the minority. I saw an FPV GT at the Big Boys Toys show in Auckland late last year and I thought it looked great, but perhaps they could have made it a bit more aggressive, to the degree that HSV have changed Holdens.

Alao like you blackout, I WILL own one one day. On Saturday I saw one at the petrol station in silver, big 18" wheels and big spoiler. It was so amazing I turned round and went to buy a paper just so I could chat to the guy. He was deliberating whether to wait for the BA V8's to reach NZ, went to a Motor Show in Aus to check out the FPV cars and came back and bought the TS50. It was beautiful.

It's just a matter of taste really. Both are brilliant cars, though obviously the new engones arem ore refined.

#20 ·
The TS50 has those AU lights and the GTP looks too similar to the rest of the pack.

The toughest, most original and best look Ford came up with was the AU XR and the best of this lot were the last ones with the Ford Racing kit. I might be biased, but then again I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't think it looked shithot...

I still love to see one coming the other way and think 'Man I drive a tough looking car'. On the other hand, I always have to look twice to tell if it's a Barra or not.

#21 ·
Both, Because the GT/GT-P are both just Horn, But still have an air of elegance.

The T3? well, its automotive sex really. That's all there is to it.

And on the T3 Looking like the XR's, it's called consolodation.

The Euro's do it, Only people that don't are Holden Snotty Vehicles.

#22 ·
I find this thread interesting. When they first released images of the GT with the old bulge and more subtle bodykit, i prefered the T3, because it had the muscle look. Now, with the new bulge and a stronger bodykit, even though only minor changes were made, i believe that the GT is now the better looking of the two. So i guess i love the GT, but the T3 will always have special spot with me, because it was the real stepping stone for ford.

#23 ·
XR6turbo said:
I find this thread interesting. When they first released images of the GT with the old bulge and more subtle bodykit, i prefered the T3, because it had the muscle look. Now, with the new bulge and a stronger bodykit, even though only minor changes were made, i believe that the GT is now the better looking of the two. So i guess i love the GT, but the T3 will always have special spot with me, because it was the real stepping stone for ford.
Exacty right mate. The T2 was a step in the right direction, but the T3 was the real turning point. I twas the first Faclon in yonks to out-muscle a Commodore at it's own game.

The T3 was labelled "Australia best high Perforamce car" by Street Machine. T3 was the car which really set up and demonstarted what will be a long list of things to come by Ford.

#24 ·
I think it depends on the image your trying to portray of yourself. The TS50 when compared to its base, as in the forte, looks that little bit more radically modified and racecar ready. The GT, leaving room for the HO, has a more standard " I fly every day of the week including down to the shops " look for those who want a piece of history and a fast family tourer.

p.s: Is it because I'm replying directly down the bottom that I cannot put that diverse little smiley on my messages. I did on my first post but that was on a much larger screen with more options.

#26 ·
Forgot to mention, I voted for equal looks. I'd have to say if I'd be hard pressed in the buyers seat. Exterior alone I'd go the T3 but nobody has mentioned the interior which is a world ahead in the GT. When the HO comes out I'm willing to say right now I'd take it over them both. No, I have no idea what it'll be like but I'm that sure of the quality car it'll be. They simply cannot get it wrong the way they're going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.