The BA GT...Some Insider Info - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2002, 08:22   #1 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

Lightbulb The BA GT...Some Insider Info

Hi all....

Was speaking to a mate that works at Tickford ( FPV ) and he was not happy with the look of the new GT. He would definatley not indicate what power or torque it has but he said "us" the Ford Fans will be more than happy and he quite clearly said " This car will kick serious ass"......but he was....and so were other employee's working on the project said it looks to much like a XR8 with a T3 Style wing thrown on the boot lid. This was his opinion.....but i'll be there at the motor show come next thursday to see for myself......

P.S....Also mentioned this to the the Ford marketting Manager on Tuesday night at the TOCNSW meeting at Brad Garlick Ford Ryde and he almost confirmed this to me....but chose his words very carefully.

oops forgot......the marketting dude also mentioned something about current T3 owners not being happy with their cars being superceded in power by the new XR8....and Ford is apparently going to work out some sought of deal with them....maybe a cost price GT or something along those lines because MR Polites felt real bad for em......but this is what the dude said to me...and it could be all sh*t.
firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2002, 08:54   #2 (permalink)
Mustang Owner

Yeah there were some upset HSV fans when they went to the GenIII. They were 195Kw in the early VT and the GenIII went to 220. Don't blame themn for gettin pissed.

Owns
66 Silver Frost Mustang 289 Windsor
71 XY GS Fairmont in Bronze Wine 302 Windsor
92 EB XR8 302 Windsor

Sure do love those Windsors
66_mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 09:10   #3 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

biggrin

My mate owns a TE-50 and only bought it 3 months ago and he is really pissed about it and gave the marketting guy heaps on tuesday night and thats when he mentioned Ford are going to work out something for T3 owners......but as my mate said...he would not have been so angry if Ford realeased a T4 with more KW's and torque but the fact that his car will be superceded by a car in less than 12months and by an XR8 that is 15K cheaper and with more grunt is really what got up his nose......he wasn't a happy camper........but was a lot of fun on the way home I must admit........an angry man in a TE-50 T3....... Farking PRICELESS.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:16   #4 (permalink)
Mustang Owner

Mate I don't blame him. I wonder what the current XR falcon range is going for. Imagine buying a new XR8 several months ago to find a XR6 T cheaper and able to kill it.

Your 100% right though, I would be filthy if I had of brought a T series car only for this to happen.

I would also like to thank Geoff for what he has done with Ford. The days of certain Holden people knocking Ford maybe over. What they have done is amazing and gives us die hard Ford fans something to smile about.

Owns
66 Silver Frost Mustang 289 Windsor
71 XY GS Fairmont in Bronze Wine 302 Windsor
92 EB XR8 302 Windsor

Sure do love those Windsors
66_mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 09:29   #5 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by 66_mustang
I would also like to thank Geoff for what he has done with Ford. The days of certain Holden people knocking Ford maybe over. What they have done is amazing and gives us die hard Ford fans something to smile about.
i could not agree more

I explained this to him on way home between the burnouts and line locks and he said if ford offer him a to trade his T3 for a cost price GT he will be happy......problem is he has spent nearly 320k in the last 10 years on an EB GT....an EF XR8...An EL GT...a AU series II T series and now a T3 and been burned a few times by ford in being loyal.......and in all those times he had these cars Ford hasn't even sent him a Complimentry hat or even a beer coaster......he is really upset.....next car he gets will be a M3 he reakons.
Old 10-10-2002, 13:02   #6 (permalink)
a vile merchant

Quote:
Originally posted by 66_mustang
Yeah there were some upset HSV fans when they went to the GenIII. They were 195Kw in the early VT and the GenIII went to 220. Don't blame themn for gettin pissed.
If you ask me they're a bunch of sooks. When you buy a car you know what power level it has for the money you're paying.... if you don't think it's enough for you then don't buy it. Can't expect technology to stand still just because some wanker will be upset he doesn't have the fastest car in his street anymore!
PigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 15:32   #7 (permalink)
plonky

I guess that is always going to happen with companies that update their cars every 12 months. To buy a Ford or Holden you must expect that your resale has to diminish significantly as soon as new model is released. The fact that Governments support the industry by buying the cars for their fleets also reduces market demand. You can't have it both ways. I don't think that the 195kw Clubsport owners were too put off about buying another Holden considering that Holden has had a 61 month market lead.
Old 10-10-2002, 15:45   #8 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

I dont understand their problem.
Did the owners of GTHO PhaseII get a sook when the Phase III was released?
The BA was no secret, we all knew a new model was due in 02. Anybody who bought an AU derived car musta known within a year or so there was a new model due. And did they think it wouldnt be better or faster?

Should I hassle my PC dealer coz my P4 i bought few months back aint the fastest anymore?
And a hint to anyone who buys a BA based car, there will be a new better model in a year or two, and a year or two after that, and after, and.....
"Lightning Strike" XT-Sports, Barra182 auto, 17" 7-spoke alloys, Sports IRS, body kit, Spoiler, Cruise, Premium Audio with mp3, Power Windows all round, Darkest tinted glass, Chrome scuff plate inserts, Phone presenter, Pollen filter, Towpack, Boot liner, 4 Mudspats, Slimline white numberplates.
CLICK HERE!
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 15:58   #9 (permalink)
Spoolin' GT40

Bunch of babies.

They swallowed the marketing of the T3 hook line and sinker, knowing full well about the Barra.

Just because a better car comes out doesn't mean, they have a dud. Live with it nancy boys, as i fly past you in my $44k XR6T! hehehe
esky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 15:58   #10 (permalink)
ford butcher and baker

it's a bit sad ... whose going to buy all those AU3 TE-50 at the dealers lot ... they've been reduced to 70K.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum