BA xr8 auto vs Ferrari - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2005, 03:51   #1 (permalink)

BA xr8 auto vs Ferrari

Cruising back from the bank this morning through Woodvale in the distance on the right hand side coming to the round about is a very late model Ferarri. I give way to him while i wipe the drool of the steering wheel.This thing is about 3foot wider than the ute,trying to pick the model all i can see is the number plate GM 360 and the teeth from the dude driving it smiling in his rear view mirror,i reckon his sun glasses cost more than my ute. As he exits the roundabout he gives it a short squirt,i turn down the radio and hear a scream from the twin system that sent a shiver down my back,I give mine a sqirt and feel a bit inadequate. We pull up at the stop sign about to enter Ocean Reef road dual carriage way.he gingerly pulls out to the centre waiting for a break in traffic,I follow right up his arse,HE gets a break pulls out straightens up,I go too to the other lane he tramps it and is about 2 car lengths in front as i throw it into 2nd,this is slightly down hill and im starting to gain on him ever so slightly as i go to third im 1 carlength behind we both back off,double demeritts and a well known multi nova spot lies ahead. I seen him double blink in his mirror when i was gaining on him,I think he thought i would be miles back,I overtook him on the inside,give him a toot and the thumbs up and he give me a wave. I dont know if he give it everything bit lets say it was howling revving its guts out and there not the easiest cars to drive,but i was stoked the boss was no way shamed,anyone know what model it was,red very new no roof mid mounted,really wide body
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2005, 04:35   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA xr8 auto vs Ferrari

Its a modena 360. its a ~12.5s car so I guess he wasn't pushing it to its limit.
Otsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:00   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otsile
Its a modena 360. its a ~12.5s car so I guess he wasn't pushing it to its limit.
yeah thats what i thought but it was a the highlite of my day anyway .any idea what there worth?
Old 03-07-2005, 05:12   #4 (permalink)
walking power

aren't the convertibles called spiders???
Old 03-07-2005, 05:27   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedflute
yeah thats what i thought but it was a the highlite of my day anyway .any idea what there worth?
At a guess.............f'kn heaps!!!!

More than us plebs could afford............
Old 03-07-2005, 13:52   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedflute
About $400K, I have one. I park it out on the street though as the TS50 and F6 take up the garage.

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 14:27   #7 (permalink)

hahaha onn ya matty!! legend!
mr_xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 17:12   #8 (permalink)

There is one way to make a man register.........I have read some unbelivable things on these forums but that takes the cake.

Thanks for the laugh bedflute. Made my day.
Pursuit_290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 18:36   #9 (permalink)
Weapon of HSV Destruction

Maybe he forgot to mention the tow rope!! The only way he will get past that Ferrari is if its using a bungee chord!! Its a good yarn tho!

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:24   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannopower
Maybe he forgot to mention the tow rope!! The only way he will get past that Ferrari is if its using a bungee chord!! Its a good yarn tho!
never let the truth get inthe way of a good story lol i got past him when he was turning into Wangara not draging, he was stationary did i forget to mention that
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum