BAXR8 Rear parcel shelf clunking (help) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2005, 04:53   #1 (permalink)

BAXR8 Rear parcel shelf clunking (help)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
this noise would have to be the single most annoying thing about my BAXR8, it comes from under the plastic rear parcel shelf, and it happens with going over certain speed humps, driveways, and anything else that requires the car to twist, the noise (clunk) happens on both sides.

I had it looked at under warranty today and the guy who was in the car with me heard it (thank god), he said that it was a plate under the plastic rear parcel shelf which is spot welded onto another part of the car, beauty i say because he says exactly what ive been thinking.

Come afternoon time i pick up the car, ive been told that its been clamped up in the problem area, and also clamped up further up into the pillar area, what this means exactly i do not know (clamped up), but it sounds as though all is fixed.

Anyway, the problem is that its not fixed, and im pretty sure its worse (and louder), and has traveled higher up the pillar.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, have you had it fixed? And HOW?

As i said this is annoying me something bad, I HATE IT!!! I have a rattle in the windows, a clunky diff, but all i want is this one noise fixed

Any help would be great. Im actually begging for it!

Cheers
Jim
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2005, 06:47   #2 (permalink)
Frontier Psychiatrist

Re: BAXR8 Rear parcel shelf clunking (help)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyjim
I have a rattle in the windows, a clunky diff
Just remember, "Australians like their cars a little rough" (Quote from TopGear)
[Martin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 18:33   #3 (permalink)

Hi there ozzyjim, I have a GTP with the same noise. I thought it was a torn shock mount as was the case with the au series. The GTP is in today for a new diff, stalling all the time and to fix the rear oil canning noise that is there over bumps and turning corners. Will let you know what they find.
Shane.
GTP193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:59   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP193
Hi there ozzyjim, I have a GTP with the same noise. I thought it was a torn shock mount as was the case with the au series. The GTP is in today for a new diff, stalling all the time and to fix the rear oil canning noise that is there over bumps and turning corners. Will let you know what they find.
Shane.
Thanks mate please do so, im going to rebook it again as im not lettingthis one go!

Cheers
Jim
Old 04-13-2005, 20:33   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
this noise would have to be the single most annoying thing about my BAXR8, it comes from under the plastic rear parcel shelf, and it happens with going over certain speed humps, driveways, and anything else that requires the car to twist, the noise (clunk) happens on both sides.

I had it looked at under warranty today and the guy who was in the car with me heard it (thank god), he said that it was a plate under the plastic rear parcel shelf which is spot welded onto another part of the car, beauty i say because he says exactly what ive been thinking.

Come afternoon time i pick up the car, ive been told that its been clamped up in the problem area, and also clamped up further up into the pillar area, what this means exactly i do not know (clamped up), but it sounds as though all is fixed.

Anyway, the problem is that its not fixed, and im pretty sure its worse (and louder), and has traveled higher up the pillar.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, have you had it fixed? And HOW?

As i said this is annoying me something bad, I HATE IT!!! I have a rattle in the windows, a clunky diff, but all i want is this one noise fixed

Any help would be great. Im actually begging for it!

Cheers
Jim
Hi Jim, mate I got the same thing and nobody could find it, after putting about 2 kilometres of insulation through evry part of the GT that could possibly rattle, it was found that one of the Pedders springs was hitting agaist the left rear body on certain bumps, I have also read a post where the air cond radiator pipes hit the cooling radiator on the front D/Side and make a small clank that sounds like it coming from the rear, or is it your wheels lock nut adaptor floating around and hitting the rear quarter panel? Hope this helps
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:52   #6 (permalink)

The MK II is not any better!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had my rattler in for this as well, and they said it was the rear sway bar mounts, etc. so they "released and re torqued" them. greta idea but didnt fix it. Sounds to me like the exhaust hitting the IRS and is worse when you have 2 or 3 bodies in it. Oh well turn up the radio!!!
NOBOUNDARIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:55   #7 (permalink)

Im allmost 100% positive its poor spot welding or something, right under the rear parcel shelf, i have a sunroof (which also rattles) and im sure that is not helping things structially (spelling?), i allways thought this, then the guy actually confirmed it! But his words were "where the plate joins the panels", im planning on taking it back again, if its not fixed then ill be bringing out the big guns which im hoping to avoid. While im here, who do you make a complaint to exactly? About such things.

Cheers
Jim
Old 04-14-2005, 16:33   #8 (permalink)
Waresti

Quote:
Im allmost 100% positive its poor spot welding or something, right under the rear parcel shelf, i have a sunroof (which also rattles) and im sure that is not helping things structially (spelling?), i allways thought this, then the guy actually confirmed it! But his words were "where the plate joins the panels", im planning on taking it back again, if its not fixed then ill be bringing out the big guns which im hoping to avoid. While im here, who do you make a complaint to exactly? About such things.

Cheers
Jim
Jim.....what you do is pick up your phone and dial any 8 numbers into it and then voice your complaint. It does not matter who answers it as you will end up in exactly the same position as if you had called Ford in the first place.......

2004 BA FPV Pursuit Mercury Silver
No mods.............yet

In the immortal words of one Homer J Simpson

"Maybe for once, someone will call me 'sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'"
Waresti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 23:53   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waresti
Jim.....what you do is pick up your phone and dial any 8 numbers into it and then voice your complaint. It does not matter who answers it as you will end up in exactly the same position as if you had called Ford in the first place.......
lol, you most likely right!

How is your beast? I met you a while ago on old pac highway cruise with ratt etc...

Cheers
Jim
Old 04-15-2005, 03:22   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
lol, you most likely right!

How is your beast? I met you a while ago on old pac highway cruise with ratt etc...

Cheers
Jim
Hi Jim,
I have the exact same problem. Have had it for around 10K and it is no better. For me I believe it is in the right side of the rear parcel shelf. Sounds like someone hittting a metal key on metal. Like a crack sound which I think is a weld joint in the shelf moving back and forth out and into place.
I've been dealing with dale ford in sydney who have been fuggen hopeless to say the least. Ford, on top of this, say they won't hellp unless I return the car to stock (lowered with aps exhaust) but the problem was there before I modded the car.
Does this sound like your problem? Also where are you located?
Steve
Geeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum