Belt minder debacle - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2004, 05:20   #1 (permalink)
Sex on wheels

Belt minder debacle

Well, i've had the GTP for going on to 700km's now and if there is one thing that pisses me off, it's annoying beeps when i don't need to be beeped at.

I, like most people, put my arm on the passenger seat and look over my shoulder when reversing as this gives me a better view of what is behind me, rather than looking in the rear view mirror. Doing this with a seat belt on is not only uncomfortable but damn near impossible!!

Page 49 of the GTP manual gives instructions on how to disable the belt minder but it doesn't seem to work.

1. turn ignition on. DO NOT start car
2. wait until the seat belt warning light turns off.
3. YAWN!!!! (15 mins later) Light still on.

yes the doors are shut, yes the belt is unbuckled, yes the parking brake is on, yes the car is in park, yes the lights are off.

What am i doing wrong??

Chris
PS Don't tell me to put my seat belt on while reversing. It's not illegal to drive without one while reversing or driving forward at under 20km's an hour. I should be able to disable this annoying feature somehow. HELP!!!

PPS Love the car. No gripe at all if i could fix this problem.

Click here to see full size avatar....

Autos are for lazy drivers
GTPChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2004, 05:26   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Belt minder debacle

it's illegal to drive forward at ANY speed without a seat belt if you don't have an exemption.. other than that, good luck !!
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:40   #3 (permalink)
Sex on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by xacoupe
it's illegal to drive forward at ANY speed without a seat belt if you don't have an exemption.. other than that, good luck !!
Not in the ACT. You can drive at 20km/h or under in parking lots without a seatbelt so NERRRRRRRR. LOL

Old 04-18-2004, 07:20   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xacoupe

What!!...Are you a policeman?... I think this guys concerns are pretty relevant... I know it (the beeping) pisses me off no end!....Moderater or not, A little constructive advice .. rather than playing Judge Judy?...

FORD PERFORMANCE VEHICLES

Blood Orange PURSUIT
Mercury Silver XR6TURBO [ FUTURE RIDE ]
mz_fpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 17:49   #5 (permalink)

After putting up with it for a year in the turbo, (LAZY) my first priority was to disable it on the GT, and I have, but yes I did have some trouble, it dosent go as per the manual, I forget exactly, but I think you don't wait for the light to go off, just do the buckle/unbuckle thing with the hazard switch pressed, I dont want to put it back on to test in case I can't get it off, anyway call by your dealer, I'm sure one of the techs will have it off in 10 or 15 seconds

Cheers Rob
Old 04-18-2004, 18:16   #6 (permalink)
BSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz_fpv
What!!...Are you a policeman?... I think this guys concerns are pretty relevant... I know it (the beeping) pisses me off no end!....Moderater or not, A little constructive advice .. rather than playing Judge Judy?...

O Dear............

Firstly welcome to FordForums....... But do you think its a good idea for such an attack so early?? You dont know Jeff (xacoupe) or why he posted his good advice. Just look at the reply from Chris and you can see how he took it...

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 18:18   #7 (permalink)
i'll pinch ya mums tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz_fpv
i think u will find xa coupe used to be a policeman lol.. one way to stop the beeping would invlovle the use of a hammer, probably not the way u want it fixed
Old 04-18-2004, 21:24   #8 (permalink)
3dr zeTEC

seatbelts are only a paramedics aid, so they don't have to go looking for you when you fly out of the car in the event you crash!
Old 04-18-2004, 23:30   #9 (permalink)

Hi Chris,

And welcome......

The seat belt reminder was the first thing I disabled when I got the 'fox' home. Followed the instructions carefully, especially the fasten-unfasten belt bit. Worked first time.

Must admit......took me a few goes to get it right in the Turbo.
Old 04-18-2004, 23:39   #10 (permalink)
Sex on wheels

I can't believe not a single BA owner has responded with a solution. Or has the incessant beeping hypnotised you all into a state of soothing appreciation, by subliminally communicating to you in a high-pitched Ford tongue “Belt minder is good. Holdens Suck. Own a Ford or go to Hell”

Maybe I need a vector wave spectrometer to analyse the beeps in slow motion, as I'm sure there is a conspiracy here somewhere. If I fail to post the results this evening, it means I too have been trapped by the wraith of the belt minder on my journey home from work this evening.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum