Ford Forums banner

BF Super Pursuit problems

9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  philby 
#1 ·
I have a problem with my BF Super Pursuit. When the car is cold. The P,R,N,D is missing on the instrument cluster and the auto is in limp mode. However, if I warm the car up, drive it around the block, and then turn it off and back on, the P,R,N,D is on the instrument cluster and the auto is fine. Also, when the car is in limp mode, I have no reverse lights. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?

#2 ·
Change the transmission fuse. Also check none of the steering column harness plugs have become partially unplugged and the earth connection adjacent to the battery, fuse box and PCM are good (check for continuity to earth with a multimeter). If you find nothing and a new TRANS fuse doesn't fix it check for fault codes and report back.

#3 ·
I changed the fuse for the auto, and no change. I cleaned the only earth i could find and checked it with a multimeter. The earth seems to be fine. I took it to a transmission place today and they scanned it. Quite a few errors came up, ABS fault, HIM faults (the heater/fan is not working as well), and B2681 PRND Sender Failure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.