BPT Underdrive Pulleys - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2004, 06:27   #1 (permalink)
rod

BPT Underdrive Pulleys

greetings all
i was able to view a set of underdrive pulleys from Battens Performance tonight & i must say that the quallity really supprised me

the guy that had them also had enother set from a supplier that he would not name & the quallity on them was shi......... they have been machined to suit the Boss crank & i must say that if the manufacture of them is on here or reads this i would not in a million years even think of fitting them to my car

the battens pulleys have a nice sleave fitted to them for the crank seal to run on & the water pump pulley is a piece of art

i told the owner of these that there has been some stories floating around about the quallity of the balance of these & the vibration that they may transmit through the engine & he told me that "this is Bul_ shit because they are nuetrally balanced harmonic balancers and that they are fully one piece balanced anyway.

regards
rod

Last edited by rod; 04-06-2004 at 16:40.
rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2004, 00:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: BPT Underdrive Pulleys

hypnodoc has these fitted to his GT and raves about them. I'm sure he will reply to your post mate!
Old 04-07-2004, 00:28   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk
hypnodoc has these fitted to his GT and raves about them. I'm sure he will reply to your post mate!
Hi Al, I do rave about them BECAUSE THEY ARE FANTASTIC, 3000klm now and NO VIBRATION PROBLEMS. Of course one could logically deduce that if you were going to get a vibration problem you would also get a leak from the front seal. Nothing but more power and better fuel economy, as far as the Batten pulleys are concerned any way. My advice, JUST DO IT
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:03   #4 (permalink)

My main concern would be the voltage drop could be a problem.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:24   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
My main concern would be the voltage drop could be a problem.
Cheers John
Hi John, I must admit that I was initially concern about the same thing, as apparently it can effect LS1s. Even taking into account the pissy little battery supplied in the car by FMC I have had no problems at all and everything checks out well with the volt meter. Hot, cold, around town or out on the open road.
It amuses me that such beneficial power is available from a product manufactured in the US by the same company that supplies them to FMC over there to fit to the Mustang Cobras, and one little ill informed rumour creates so much concern. Its a bit like the urban legend of mobile phones causing petrol bowsers to explode. You can ring every oil company in Australia and NON of them can site such an incident ever being reported anywhere in the world, but now gas stations hang up signs saying don't use your mobile.
I can understand peoples concern with putting add ons on such expensive cars. But the simple fact is that anyone who has fitted the pulleys to a GT is happy. The only thing you get is more go. In my opinion they give much better real gains a CAI and a Helix plate combined, the three togeather, even better again. Excellent bang for buck. I hope Barry gets his finger out and imports some for the Turbo and the Typhoon
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:28   #6 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

Wink Re: BPT Underdrive Pulleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
I hope Barry gets his finger out and imports some for the Turbo and the Typhoon
Hi Hypnodoc.

You betch ya, they are in the process of being made now.

Barry.
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:25   #7 (permalink)
rod

greetings all
dont know if anybody has bothered to look at there alternator pulley but it has a sprag clutch fitted to it

as for the car not getting enough power from the alternator, i dont belive that it will be of any concern as most people are comparing this to the earlier falcons & LS1 ect that are fitted with 55 amp & 80 amp alternators, the BA Falcon range is fitted with a 110 Amp Alternator

the underdrive pulley set that i have seen is preety much the same as what is in the left of this picture

http://norcom.net.au/~bpt/prod01.htm

but there was no alternator pulley in the kit like in the photo, there is no need to replace the alternator pulley if you fit a smaller crank pulley as this on it's own will slow the accesories down along with a smaller belt

regards
rod
Old 04-07-2004, 06:01   #8 (permalink)
Movin!

So whens your set going on rod?
Old 04-07-2004, 06:12   #9 (permalink)
rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodderz
So whens your set going on rod?

greetings Tom ( rodderz )
if you look up a little at GT-Ps post he says

" they are being made now"

regards
rod
Old 04-07-2004, 06:44   #10 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod
greetings all
dont know if anybody has bothered to look at there alternator pulley but it has a sprag clutch fitted to it

as for the car not getting enough power from the alternator, i dont belive that it will be of any concern as most people are comparing this to the earlier falcons & LS1 ect that are fitted with 55 amp & 80 amp alternators, the BA Falcon range is fitted with a 110 Amp Alternator

but there was no alternator pulley in the kit like in the photo, there is no need to replace the alternator pulley if you fit a smaller crank pulley as this on it's own will slow the accesories down along with a smaller belt

regards
rod
You are right about the charging , these alternators showed no drop in charging capability at idle when fully loaded i.e. a/c on, lights on and stereo on.
The other reason we don't include an alternator pulley is because of what Rod says about the sprag type one way clutch on the alternator pulley. It was too expensive to remanufacture a new one with a smaller diameter, the difference was marginal in size and would probably only account for an extra 1 kW gain.

Just one correction however, the stock belt lenght is retained in this kit. Because of the larger water pump pulley replacement you are able to keep the original belt, This is good so at least people can obtain a factory belt from anywhere in Oz.

Barry
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum