btp thermostat using heaps of fuel???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2004, 06:27   #1 (permalink)
BLACK PANTHER

btp thermostat using heaps of fuel????

Hi guys just wanting to know with the guys who have fitted this mod have you noticed how much extra fuel you are using or saving

Because in mine l am using a heap since putting in the thermostat
ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2004, 07:14   #2 (permalink)
walking power

Re: btp thermostat using heaps of fuel????

Mine hasnt changed.
Old 09-06-2004, 16:51   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Hi guys just wanting to know with the guys who have fitted this mod have you noticed how much extra fuel you are using or saving

Because in mine l am using a heap since putting in the thermostat
My economy got a little worse, until I disconected the negative from the Battery for half an hour then went for a good run. This will settle it down, note the distance to empty on your dash display, directly before and after the disconnect-reconnect
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 18:44   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
My economy got a little worse, until I disconected the negative from the Battery for half an hour then went for a good run. This will settle it down, note the distance to empty on your dash display, directly before and after the disconnect-reconnect
When u disconnect your battery mate, hold your high beams on for about 30 secs, then release the stalk. This will "drain" the pcm completely.

My car better on fuel with the new stat.
EB 5.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 20:30   #5 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Havn't noticed any difference either way as long as i dont lose power not to worried about fuel.....
ORMSXR Chris, how many litre to the 100 do you get...mine is on 17.6 ...

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 00:50   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Havn't noticed any difference either way as long as i dont lose power not to worried about fuel.....
ORMSXR Chris, how many litre to the 100 do you get...mine is on 17.6 ...
I reset my onboard computer on Sunday when Barry and I went for a run. I can say for myself on the special private 250klm long private road, often the speedo needle was between 210 and 250, averaged 12.3 ltrs per 100 klm and the temp gauge never budged past quarter
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 09-07-2004, 01:06   #7 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

Quote:
I reset my onboard computer on Sunday when Barry and I went for a run. I can say for myself on the special private 250klm long private road, often the speedo needle was between 210 and 250, averaged 12.3 ltrs per 100 klm and the temp gauge never budged past quarter
That is amazing becuase driving in the NT for long periods at 230-250km/h I could not get less than about 22l/100, but my car usually does about 12-13l/100.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:19   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGROMS.com
That is amazing becuase driving in the NT for long periods at 230-250km/h I could not get less than about 22l/100, but my car usually does about 12-13l/100.
On my not so gentle drive back to Perth from Melb after fitting the Unichip I averaged 12.2 or 12.6, I think the Unichip has something to do with it as my mpg seems to be excellent compared to what some people are getting.
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 09-07-2004, 01:27   #9 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
On my not so gentle drive back to Perth from Melb after fitting the Unichip I averaged 12.2 or 12.6, I think the Unichip has something to do with it as my mpg seems to be excellent compared to what some people are getting.
Interesting Doc as after i put my Chip in my mpg hovers around that too.The worst i have seen it was when i went to tassie which was 16.4.
Cheers Alex.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:49   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Interesting Doc as after i put my Chip in my mpg hovers around that too.The worst i have seen it was when i went to tassie which was 16.4.
Cheers Alex.
I remember somebody telling me that they run really rich out of the box so maybe the Unichip quickly pays for itself in Fuel savings I reckon this series 2 is going to be an awesome machine with the 6 speed and the new diff ratio, I think its fair to assume that driven sensibly its going to improve even more with or without a Unichip
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum