Ford Forums banner

Castor/Comber kit optional?

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  GTP193 
#1 ·
When I received my GT-P, he had a pretty high road height.

The service centre informed me that it would settle as the car was raised during the trip to the dealer. When the car comes in for it's 3000 klms service, they would get it a free wheel alignment as it had settled in.

When the service was done they gave it the wheel alignment. I asked him if I needed to fit a Castor/Camber kit as many posts document, and he informed me that all FPV vehicles have them already fitted and no need to worry.

Does anyone else know/disagree with this assessment?

#2 ·
According to Herrods they haven't got camber and castor kit,that's why they recomend the kit to be installed when the lowered suspension is fitted.
Regards John

#5 ·
GTP 320: Are you stating that herrods are informing GT owners that they do not have camber kits and are charging for them when they are advertised as fitted new?

While I have no Herrod mods or experience with them, Herrods appear to be a reliable and reputable company.

#7 ·
Look to be honest i am not sure,all that i know is that Herrods recomend that the Kit be fitted when they put in the lowered Suspension.Regards John

#9 · (Edited)
Yes i did, the full stainless steel exhaust system, uni chip, lowered suspension, camber & castor kit and K&N Air Filter.
Cheers
John

#10 ·
I am assuming that because you previously stated that Herrods recommend a Camber/Castor kit for the GTs that you have paid for one.

The single question now is: Did you pay for something you already had, or did Herrods install a "bigger and better" one.

Anyone want to put there 2 cents on this one as it is outside of my knowledge and experience!!

#11 ·
I would say that the GT is fitted with what ford would call a castor camber kit as the GT runs a slightly lower ride height than an XR8 but there is not enough adjustment to allow the correct settings in the suspension when you lower it to the level Herrod does. I say this because EB to EL XR's had a camber castor kit to suit there lower suspension but if you fitted lower springs you had to fit another kit to get the correct alignment, Ford dont cater for the aftermarket just there own factory set up

#12 ·
The camber & castor kit comes with the lowered suspension,i think it's part of the package.
,but im not 100% sure.
Cheers John

#13 ·
Sorry to drag this thread up again but, has anyone had a camber kit fitted to their gt/gt-p/pursuit with the standard suspension fitted and had any significant improvement in tyre wear ? Reason in my asking is i am thinking of putting 19's on mine and are horrified with the thought of the fronts wearing out in 20,000 k's

#14 ·
Herrods acknowledge a kit is on the car ex factory.However, as stated by another post, and as told to me by Herrods, their springs are significantly lower and wil not adjust sufficiently with the standard kit.
I took there advice as I don't believe Herrods are the kind of people to rip off their customers, unlike others.
I am stoked with the look and feel of my car after instaliing the spring kit
Regards :fly:

#16 ·
I have had the herrod springs and koni adjustable shocks fitted in sydney, the dealer gave the car a rear and front wheel alignment. I have done 12000k's since and have had no problems with tyre wear. I assume that adjustments can be carried out without buying a caster and camber kit. There was never any mention about needing to buy a kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.