Checked out a Typhoon today - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2004, 02:36   #1 (permalink)

Checked out a Typhoon today

Went to pick up the Territory today and what should be sitting outside of the dealership but a Typhoon in Rapid. First impressions;

The alloys look terrible, l think Rapid made them look shite , probably better on silver or black. They look to be designed to really show off the brakes and managed to make the standard premiums look small, would look great with a set of Brembos behind though. They look OEM not aftermarket and do nothing for the car.

The bodykit wasnt bad but looks a little unbalanced without the bulge. Could have done better with the rear spoiler, looks like a quick and easy re-design that does nothing for the looks. Otherwise ok.

Interior was very nice, car had luxury pack with sports leather, not sure if thats standard but it looked trick. Gauges looked very purposeful perched on top of the console.

It seems as if Ford have been a litlle lazy with the development of this car, l cant imagine it took much to develop and bring to market.

Amazingly it was for sale, l thought these things would be impossible to find at present
mondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2004, 02:44   #2 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Re: Checked out a Typhoon today

Should have taken it for a test drive!
Old 11-20-2004, 03:02   #3 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Thumbs down Re: Checked out a Typhoon today

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondie
Went to pick up the Territory today and what should be sitting outside of the dealership but a Typhoon in Rapid. First impressions;

The alloys look terrible, l think Rapid made them look shite , probably better on silver or black. They look to be designed to really show off the brakes and managed to make the standard premiums look small, would look great with a set of Brembos behind though. They look OEM not aftermarket and do nothing for the car.

The bodykit wasnt bad but looks a little unbalanced without the bulge. Could have done better with the rear spoiler, looks like a quick and easy re-design that does nothing for the looks. Otherwise ok.

Interior was very nice, car had luxury pack with sports leather, not sure if thats standard but it looked trick. Gauges looked very purposeful perched on top of the console.

It seems as if Ford have been a litlle lazy with the development of this car, l cant imagine it took much to develop and bring to market.

Amazingly it was for sale, l thought these things would be impossible to find at present
I agree Mondie they just look too plain i actually walked passed one at the Holden V FORD show without realising it was a Typhoon untill my mate pointed it out to me.Black or Silver any other color doesn't do those rims much justice.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 03:12   #4 (permalink)
FF Moderator

An F6 in black looks great. I must admit if I ordered one it would be getting either a shaker or a 'boss' bonnet. I agree that without the buldge it looks unusual, but that is probably because I owned an BAXR8. If your upgrading from a XR6T you would probably be wondering what all the fuss is about.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 03:37   #5 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

i prefer the plain than the tricked up body kit, prefer plain jane to a tarted uo tart.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum