Ford Forums banner

What colour do you think the stripes should be on the Merc Silver GTs.

• Leave them black - thats the colour that FPV made em.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Change them to Orange - it's the colour that they are suppost to be.

Votes: 14 82.4%

The colour of the stripes...

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Aussie Pete 
#1 ·
I am an old XW man from way back and like the retro look. I just love the original Silver XW with the orange stripes.

I bought a Merc Silver GT and did not know/think you could put other colour stripes on.

I am thinking of changing the stripes from black to orange (the same colour that is on the phantom). What do you think?

#2 ·
If you like 'em that way then might as well do it. It's your car and you should do what you feel like. Go for it! At least there'll be a different car on the road than the others.

#7 ·
Orange would look awesome on a Silver car, Reflective Orange even better.

#8 ·
I had not thought of reflective. I was just going to put on the stripes from the phantom.

Damn. Now I gotta make ANOTHER decision. I wonder if I should start another poll on whether to use reflective or not....

;)

#11 ·
Re: Re: The colour of the stripes...

eightoftwelve said:
I used to be indecisive, but now i am just not sure...
How did you ever make the decision to buy the car - I don't remember seeing a poll on that! lol.

#15 ·
Re: Re: Re: The colour of the stripes...

JC said:
How did you ever make the decision to buy the car - I don't remember seeing a poll on that! lol.
The decision to buy a FPV car was not hard for a ford fanatic! ;)

#16 ·
The post above is my first with quoting. F#$% it was not obvious!. I kept wondering how other people did it!

#18 ·
Re: Re: Re: The colour of the stripes...

galaxy xr8 said:
Dont worry It took me a while to work that out as well.
I am in the IT industry and though I must have been a solar system short of a planet!!

#19 ·
On the reflective issue, it's a possibility I've been toying with as well. the issue is that the reflective tape sticks like a new immigrant to centrelink and is VERY hard to remove (it comes off in layers and even then in tiny pieces).

If I do it I'll trial it by fitting the reflective over the current stripes to aid in future removal.

The stripes on my car were done by Bodymold in Sydney for $150. They're actually cut out of sheet to make them follow the trim lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.