Ford Forums banner

Colours

10K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  xr8girl 
#1 ·
Well we had our poll on what colour a GT/GT-p should be so I did a bit of anlaysis today on what has been ordered/built to date. These are Vic figures only.

1st place goes to Blood Orange with a clear lead.
2nd place goes to Blueprint by a narrow margin from ..
3rd place goes to Phantom
4th goes to Citric Acid very nearly tied with ..
5th place Acid Rush

then a gap to the next few places which are all very close ....

6th place to Mercury Silver
7th place to Venom
8th place to Silhouette

then another gap to...

9th place to Blue Pearl
10th place White

and last place to Congo Green (which has now disappeared to be replaced by Harvest Green). In fact this Congo Green GT-p is the only one in the country as far as I can see and it came fully loaded.

Cheers
Russ

See less See more
#27 ·
the basic falcon has a black engine bay, do all the FPV vehicles have the engine bay the same color as the exterior & what is ment by prestige paint as an option on FPV vehicles
regards
rod

#28 ·
Prestige paint applies to any of the non solid colours in the current range (which is most of them), Don't know why they even bother.

On the few occasions I've had my head under an FPV bonnet I have been looking at other things - will make a point of checking. I know the XR8's don't and it wasn't done with T3 either although the earlier T-Series did.

Cheers
Russ

#29 ·
he did not tell me what colours will be replaced but i would imagine that it would be the low selling ones.i was told about the barossa possibly going so that would be likely to happen.

Elmer Fudd

#31 ·
russellw said:
Blood Orange will stay for now but there is at least one more colour under threat of extinction as the range is slowly revised. Looking at the colour chip for "Luscious" - the new red - it is a cross between Sparkling Burgundy and the colour it replaces (Barossa). Not too bad at all.

Cheers
Russ
I cannot visualise Sparkling Burgundy. It isn't a current colour is it? On which models did it appear p/s.

#34 ·
Thanks Russ

I recall it now. Just likw the burgundy of my old XW Fairmont with the white/bone interior. (God I loved that car). The new colour sounds OK. Its now great to see Ford being more adventurous in its colour range and taking a few risks. I haven't understood why car colours from almost all manufacturers in the last 10 -15 years have been so simular, predicatable and boring.

PS: Don't you guys in the East sleep. Its 10.30 is the West now. 12.30 your time. A Milo and off to bed to you - Work tomorrow!!!

#36 ·
russellw said:
In the case of Barossa - it has happened.
It's replacement comes on stream from July.

Russ
It's been replaced by a colour called Luscious. It's in the latest version of the Falcon brochure. Can't really tell the difference to be honest though.

#37 ·
plee said:
It's in the latest version of the Falcon brochure. Can't really tell the difference to be honest though.
Then you need to put the two colour chips together - Barossa is a much brighter red and has less metal flake than Luscious which in turn is browner than sparkling burgundy!

Cheers
Russ

#39 ·
JCV8 said:
Did you have to post a link of your car? How's the sale going? I know it's off topic, but it's a bloody good colour and a very nice car!
Still on the market - but then at the rate GT-p's are appearing (slowly) that doesn't matter much.

Cheers
Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.